UK guest photo ID for Roatan on Vision - driving licence?

Hey guys

As per the title really, we've booked the tabyana beach snorkelling trip for our cruise on Vision in November. In the details it states that we need to take photo ID with us. Given we will be out in the water snorkelling together for an extended amount of time, I am loathe to take my passport if I don't need to. We are on a ship's excursion, so I'm not worried about missing the boat ;)

Wondered whether or not as a UK citizen our driving licenses would be sufficient? They're laminated so I'd feel happier putting them in a waterproof bag and taking them in the water lol!

In addition to cash and a credit card, I take my drivers license and A COPY of my passport. I have never been asked for anything but the sea pass card. The passport copy is for the very unlikely event that I miss the ship. I am more likely to lose my husband than I am the ship!

Hey guys

As per the title really, we've booked the tabyana beach snorkelling trip for our cruise on Vision in November. In the details it states that we need to take photo ID with us. Given we will be out in the water snorkelling together for an extended amount of time, I am loathe to take my passport if I don't need to. We are on a ship's excursion, so I'm not worried about missing the boat ;)

Wondered whether or not as a UK citizen our driving licenses would be sufficient? They're laminated so I'd feel happier putting them in a waterproof bag and taking them in the water lol!

Driver's license should be fine.

In addition to cash and a credit card, I take my drivers license and A COPY of my passport. I have never been asked for anything but the sea pass card. The passport copy is for the very unlikely event that I miss the ship. I am more likely to lose my husband than I am the ship!

Thanks guys :) I did actually laugh out loud at this, as the bit about the husband 100% applies to me too !

As per an early poster in this thread I tend to take some photo ID such as my driving license, and a photocopy of my passport ID page. That way I've got a back-up without losing my passport.

As an aside, one of the best travel tips I've ever had is to travel with your passport AND a photocopy of your passport (obviously in a different bag, or folder). So if you lose one you've always got the other. Clearly a photocopy won't get you through Border Control but it will MASSIVELY speed up having another passport issued, or a visa issued.