LOW CARB

cyndee&bob

I will do my best to keep it lower carb. It is the desserts and the breadsticks that get me. Normally I keep my carbs at about 20/day...that is NOT going to happen on the ship. icon_biggrin.gif

Constellation Baltic Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;06;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=6>

<param name="day" value=05>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

You and only you are responsible for what you put in your mouth. All cruise lines have a wide variety of food choices available in a combo of the dine room/deck buffet. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to eat pasta or rice or noodles or muffins or bagels or croisants or pizzia or ice cream or desserts. Your choice. Your responsibility.

Are you currently suing McD for contributing to your health problems because you are not a responsible adult? I have borderline high blood pressure. It is my problem to choose low sodium stuff.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

No, I'm not suing McDonalds. I am however suing my Father because I got the long toe gene and I'm thinking of suing The Cheesecake Factory just because I think it should be illegal to make anything that tastes that good. Depends on if I can get a lawyer to take in on a contingency!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carbs in Alcohol

Please Note: all carbohydrate values are approximate

Alcohol Item (serving size) Carbs (g)

Beer, regular (12 fl oz) 13g

Beer, light (12 fl oz) 4.5g

Wine, red (3.5 fl oz) 1.75g

Wine, rose (3.5 fl oz) 1.5

Wine, white (3.5 fl oz) 1g

Cider, dry (1 pint) 15g

Gin, Rum, Vodka, Whisky (1 fl oz) 0g

Sherry (2 fl oz) 3g

Port (2 fl oz) 6g

Guinness (1/2 pint) 4g

http://www.annecollins.com/dietary-carbs/carbs-alcohol.htm

Tuggers,

You are a person after my own heart. My husband and I are on the South Beach diet and I just plan to watch what we eat when we are on our next cruise. We are very familiar with the diet and we are going to try to follow it as closely as we can while we are cruising. If we slip and eat some bread, oh well, we'll get back to the diet when we get home.

I am not going to worry about losing weight while we are on a cruise. I'm going to enjoy myself, and relax and not have to worry about anything.

When we get home, we will get back to the South Beach diet and losing weight. We are definitely losing weight for our health. Over the years, we just kept adding a few pounds and then it all caught up with us. But, we want to enjoy ourselves while we are on the ship and it really doesn't seem that difficult to do. The South Beach Diet is really easy to incorporate into your everyday way of eating.

I hope everybody finds a way to eat healthy and lose those extra pounds and incorporate that diet into their every day way of life.

Carol

I am happy that anyone is losing weight with whatever method worked for them. Counting calories one year or counting carbs the next, weighing portions, or adding up points just never worked for me.

I go up and down the scale more often than a currently out of work fluffer girl (ask your father). What works for me is drinking nothing but water and getting off my arse and moving it everyday for at least 40 minutes.

The last time I had a great weight loss I ate a full meal at the Melting Pot (fondue restaurant) and still ended up losing two pounds for the week.

Good luck to you all! I officially start back again this coming Tuesday

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

The South Beach pancakes are a recipe in the south beach diet book. They consist of egg whites, cottage cheese, oatmeal made into a batter and then made into pancakes or waffles. Served with sugar free syrup which the ship carries, they are good and ok to eat every morning. People may ridicule the fact that we watched what we ate, but again, on a 14 daycruise we felt we ate very well and I lost 2 lbs without workingout. Now, we did try to take the stairs and we did walk in the ports but we had 8 sea days.

I had beef at least 1 time a day, lots of great fruit, veggies, salads and at least 1 serving of their sugar free ice cream each day.

So knock me if you will, but it worked for us.

ALso we had a plate of fresh nibbles, like veggies and olives waiting for us each night at dinner while everyone else ate bread. It worked.

Infinity 12 day alaska 5/05

Carnival Miracle 12/2004

Galaxy 2004, fantasy 2004, glory 2003, zaandam 2003, fantasy 2003, century 2002, voyager 2002, maasdam 2002, Ncl star 2003, norway 2002, inspritation 2002, fantasy 2002, sovereign 2001, statendam 2001, noordam 2001, Grand princess 2003, golden princess 2003, regal empress 2001,

Joyvey,

Pardon me for being not the brightest bulb in the box but exactly how do I do this. Take the recipe and do what with it? Lord knows I don't want to offend the chef! I can buy the book and get the recipe but how, exactly does one approach this and what ship were you on? The Century maybe? Did you pave the way for me?

Many, many thanks. Sorry to be do dumb!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I like the idea of having a bowl of veggies instead of the bread. We're with another couple, but I think that would work out for us.

I had the SF ice cream when we were on the Mercury to Alaska. I ate Creme brulee the first night on the Summit so that messed me up right at the beginning icon_frown.gif SF ice cream was good and there are lots of new flavors too (I subtract sugar alcohols so the carb count isn't too bad for most of them)

Breakfast is easy...eggs, omlettes, smoked salmon (loads of salt!! icon_eek.gif ) I can do without the toast. We are CC so I hope to have breakfast in our room most days and avoid the pigging out at the breakfast buffet.

Constellation Baltic Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;06;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=6>

<param name="day" value=05>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

I've been doing SB since last September (64.5 down in that time), and find it very easy to do a modified plan onboard. Yes, I do enjoy desserts at dinner, but usually just have a taste and I'm satisfied. In November, was cruising for 20 days and still lost 5 pounds while onboard. I still stay away from the breads, pasta, rice and potatoes (if I really want a taste, I have just a taste), but there are so many other yummy options which don't require me to completely break my plan that I feel treated and satisfied onboard.

For me, it's no longer a diet, but truly a way of eating. When I do go too far off, I feel SO sluggish the next day it's not worth it. Fortunately, a taste or two doesn't throw me off and start all the cravings again.

I, too, got the Celebrity survey about South Beach. Based on past surveys and changes made, I'm betting we'll have SB on Celebrity by the end of the year. Woooohooo!

Gail, I have the recipe. I'll bring it if you want to be the one to approach the chef icon_wink.gif

Joyvey - GREAT suggestion about the veggies waiting at the table. Thank you!

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

LOL Gail! Not exactly - I wasn't really wanting pancakes every morning (I actually prefer eggs) but thought it would be a nice treat a couple days. We could try together? Two sets of pleading eyes better than one?

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

I've found when I go off - I GO OFF.

That worries me because I know this has to be a way of life - and for me, it's an easy way of life. Maybe once I get down to where I want to be, I will just add enough carbs to stay even. That should satisfy me because I'm not much of a dessert eater, but bread carbs are the hardest part of this. Low carb bread is very good, but I crave "good bread" from the "good bread stores."

furkidsmom I am also trying to stay at 20 grams of carbs, but I am also trying to stay near 1000/1200 calories a day.

I know I should also be exercising, but I haven't done so. I know what I need to do - but this is all I can "make" myself do at this point.

Those smug people who think weight control is easy - "we fat people just have to move our butts off the couch" - have a different metabolism - and a different mental make-up - where moving is just part of their physical "need" - they are different than those of us who are fat.

Yes, it is all my fault. No, I'm not suing anyone. However, I do wish I had gotten my mother's genes instead of my father's. (Plus I would've gotten some higher measurements on my top half, too. LOL)

To those of you doing low carb - please watch your calorie intake too. The main reason people are unsuccessful on low carb is that they feel the Atkins plan means eating massive quantities of high calorie, high grease meat. That's just not true.

Good luck all. Remember, life's too short to be to restrictive on your cruise.

As to how I got the pancakes on board..I went up to the maitre D the first night and explained I was on this diet and this was the recipe for the pancakes I can have. Was there any way I could get them onboard. They immediately said no problem and what was the recipe. I gave them the following recipe for 2 people:

8 egg whites

1/2 cup cottage cheese

1 cup uncooked oatmeal

splash of vanilla

blend together in a blender and make into pancakes or waffles.

I agree that this is not a diet but a way of life. In case anyone thinks that dieting is easy for me, it is not, I have a lot of weitght to go, but I can live with this way of eating forever.

Good luck to everyone

Carnival Miracle 12/2004

Galaxy 2004, fantasy 2004, glory 2003, zaandam 2003, fantasy 2003, century 2002, voyager 2002, maasdam 2002, Ncl star 2003, norway 2002, inspritation 2002, fantasy 2002, sovereign 2001, statendam 2001, noordam 2001, Grand princess 2003, golden princess 2003, regal empress 2001,

by the way... I was on the Galaxy May 7 transatlantic.

I will be on the Infinity 12 day Alaska next May and will do the exact thing

Carnival Miracle 12/2004

Archived