Great Experience on Vision of the Seas

SCV HotDog

My partner of 19 years and I just returned from a repositioning cruise (Vancouver to Los Angeles) on the Vision of the Seas. Two other couples that are close friends also came with us. One of these couples (that has been together for 16 years) got married in Vancouver prior to the cruise.

After the show in the Masquerade theater on the 2nd night of the cruise, we stopped to talk to John Blair, the cruise director, about putting an announcement in the daily newsletter about a Friends of Dorothy meeting. After some apprehension, he said he would check with his superior and see what he could do. He said he wanted to work with us.

The next day, he mentioned the meeting at the end of the show, and there was an announcement in the newsletter. We were very happy with that.

We ran into John many other times during the cruise. When he found out about our friends' marriage, he bought our dinner table two bottles of champagne and asked our friends to participate in the Quest game that night. After some peer pressure, they agreed to participate. Overall, I think the audience reaction was OK. I didn't hear any negative comments during the game, and John was great as the host.

For the rest of the cruise, our friends were approached and congratulated by people that recognized them from the game.

There were 4 gay couples at our table, and our dining room staff (waiter, asst. waiter, and head waiter) were fantastic. No complaints there whatsoever.

:D

2005 Vision of the Seas Alaska Repositioning

2004 Oosterdam (RSVP) Mexican Riviera

2003 Zuiderdam (RSVP) Eastern Caribbean

1997 Noordam (RSVP) Mardi Gras/Western Caribbean

1996 Carnival Celebration??? (RSVP) Mexican Riviera

1995 Renaissance 2 Lesser Antilles

Hector

SCV HotDog

Archived