Sun room 1201-Need Help Fast

NW Pacific

Have cabin 1201 Pool deck on hold; took advice from Cruise-A Lot BUT would like any information from frequent cruisers if the rooms in the very front of the ship typically get more wind on the balcony than others. We are going on the Eastern Carib out of miami on Feb 4th 2006. We will like to enjoy our balcony, any one that has stayed in this cabin, your information will be very much appreciated. Also does anyone know if you book a mini suite (AE) do you get priority boarding? CAn men wear sandlas (with socks) in the dining rooms or are regular shoes required? Thanks in advance!

We were in 8002 (an AD), which is down a few decks from 1201 but still on the very front of the ship. It was windy when at sea. We were on a West Coast repositioning cruise, and we didn't venture outside when at sea. If you're sailing in the Caribbean, you will undoubtedly have warmer weather, and some people have posted here that when they sat in their loungers (this would be behind the steel railing that runs around the front of the deck), the wind wasn't bad. What you will definitely have is the most beautiful view approaching your ports. Hope this helps.

Sorry I can't help with your questions about priority boarding or the socks!

NW Pacific,

I stayed in that cabin this June in Alaska and loved it. The balcony is much larger than many of the other AF minis. The wind was not a problem and the view at least in Alaska was marvelous.

I have another cruise booked on the Sun this year and unfortunately 1201 was already taken. I was however able to get 1202.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Loved them both!

If I had to get picky, it seemed like 1201 was a bit windier. I don't know if the time of year had anything to do with it. We were there in January 2002. When we were in 8002, we were there in November 2004.

When the ship was moving and you opened the sliding glass doors in 1201, you definitely felt the wind. But as soon as you sat down, you were fine. My sister was able to read her book in total comfort on sea days. If you look at pictures of the front ot the Sun, you'll notice that the railing is designed to deflect as much wind as possible away from you.

When we were in 8002, it wasn't as bad and we actually had the doors open when we were at sea.

But if you have 1201, take it! For the same money as the other AE cabins, your cabin will be larger and have a larger balcony made of teak. I have photos of 1201 right here: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/clr/cruise/cruise2.html

I wanted 1201 again on our November 2004 Cruise, but when it wasn't available (and it rarely is, I forked out a bit more $$ to get 8002).

We had 1201 booked for spring break 2006 and all the research I did told me the same thing. Everyone thought that if you could not get an aft cabin then grab the forward 1201. Close to everything and no noise. But please.....no socks with sandals anywhere!! :eek:

When I sailed the Star in Hawaii a couple of years ago, the mini-suites were boarded along with the other suites, which meant separate, shorter lines. I haven't sailed NCL since then, so things may have changed. I'll be on the Sun in November.

It's your vacation, so wear socks if you choose! If I snicker, it will be under my breath. Heck, I may wear socks with my slides and I won't care if you snicker 'cause it's MY vacation.

Doug

Archived