Poker

6311salt

Does anyone know if there is any problem with playing poker out on a deck if you are using chips and not actual money.

I'm not sure about playing poker, but I had a Carnival officer tell me that we could not collect $5 pp as an entry fee (100% awarded as a prize) for our poker run. She saw us collecting the money and stopped us.

We did it anyway after she left, though we were more discreet than before. Does anyone know if this is a real policy? Or was this crew member just on a power trip and blowing smoke?

I'm not sure about playing poker, but I had a Carnival officer tell me that we could not collect $5 pp as an entry fee (100% awarded as a prize) for our poker run. She saw us collecting the money and stopped us.

We did it anyway after she left, though we were more discreet than before. Does anyone know if this is a real policy? Or was this crew member just on a power trip and blowing smoke?

Lots of cruises have poker run, wouldnt make it too obvious but nothing wrong with it.

AHOY SHIPMATES

I HAVE PLAYED POKER IN THE LIDO between noon and supper on the Grand World Voyage (110 days) and the biggest concern was the unknown player who joins the game because there is an open seat and HE or in one case SHE was a Shark ( HUSTLER) . You have no legal status etc. Close the game, then start over not allowing that person to join. In one instance a married couple tried to pull the partner trick. NEVER attend a game in a private suite unless you know them personally. You will find that it becomes a high stake game with ONE big winner.

I have enjoyed many hours at the table with a $5 limit and FRIENDS that I have met on previous cruises.

The smaller HAL ships have a game with live dealers and can be fun but the

rake is not nice. The POKER PRO tables have a 15% drag up to $7 a hand.

An hour of that and the house is the only winner

GOOD LUCK

SEA YA.

AHOY SHIPMATES

I HAVE PLAYED POKER IN THE LIDO between noon and supper on the Grand World Voyage (110 days) and the biggest concern was the unknown player who joins the game because there is an open seat and HE or in one case SHE was a Shark ( HUSTLER) . You have no legal status etc. Close the game, then start over not allowing that person to join. In one instance a married couple tried to pull the partner trick. NEVER attend a game in a private suite unless you know them personally. You will find that it becomes a high stake game with ONE big winner.

I have enjoyed many hours at the table with a $5 limit and FRIENDS that I have met on previous cruises.

The smaller HAL ships have a game with live dealers and can be fun but the

rake is not nice. The POKER PRO tables have a 15% drag up to $7 a hand.

An hour of that and the house is the only winner

GOOD LUCK

SEA YA.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing

Probably the same reason the cruise lines don't want money exchanging hands for private shore excursions at official meet n greets. It's competition for them.