immagration card for Bahamas

ria

Thisis my first cruise with Princess. I usually sail Royal Caribbean. Why do they give us the Bahamas immigration form pre-cruise? Is there a new rule about these.

Do they have to be filled out for embarkation?

I did my immigration form on line...

Confused in Cincinnaati.

Ria

Yes - one form per person. We had to present them at check-in. We were also given forms that asked if we had recently been ill with certain symptoms (nausea, fever, etc.) and had to sign those as well before turning them in. These forms were given us while we were standing in line at embarkation.

Codex - sorry, but what is Section 2? Can't remember.

I got two of them (one for each passenger). I'm sorta confused as to what to put down for Section 2. If you figure it out, let me know.

Appears they are asking for your travel agent's web address and city as well as particular hotel or other overnight accommodations (which has nothing to do with a cruise ship 5 hr. stop).

Looks like they have found a great way to get passenger, travel agent, and other pertinent contact information for their Tourism Dept....:D

Appears they are asking for your travel agent's web address and city as well as particular hotel or other overnight accommodations (which has nothing to do with a cruise ship 5 hr. stop).

Looks like they have found a great way to get passenger, travel agent, and other pertinent contact information for their Tourism Dept....:D

I'm not sure what page 2 is asking for, but all immigration forms ask for your address prior to and after the trip - if you are staying at a hotel on either of these days, that will be the answer. New security concerns have added some new questions.

Bottom of the cards we recieved had check boxes to recieve tourism info. I would have to double check if it was to decline or 'please send'. Oh well, more junk mail :rolleyes:

We were on the May sailing and again on the Sept. sailing of the CB. Both times we never turned in our cards. The first time I asked what to do and they said to just drop them in the box in the Purser section. They didn't seem concerned about them at all. The next time we just ignored the whole thing. No one ever asked for them. We stayed on the ship in September and never went ashore. I know that the Bahamas has a departure tax. Do you think the local authorities use this to determine the number of people on the island? Who knows. I just know that no one wanted to be bothered with them.....

We were on the May sailing and again on the Sept. sailing of the CB. Both times we never turned in our cards. The first time I asked what to do and they said to just drop them in the box in the Purser section. They didn't seem concerned about them at all. The next time we just ignored the whole thing. No one ever asked for them. We stayed on the ship in September and never went ashore. I know that the Bahamas has a departure tax. Do you think the local authorities use this to determine the number of people on the island? Who knows. I just know that no one wanted to be bothered with them.....

Last April on the Star they made us fill them out at the pier before we could check in. Best to be prepared.

Archived