First time to Asia

Gath

We are first time travellers to Asia and are sailing on the Mariner of the Seas visiting Singapore, Port Kelang, Penang and Langkawi in October.

I would be grateful for any advice on where to visit and which excursions to try so as to make the most of our time. Many thanks.

We are first time travellers to Asia and are sailing on the Mariner of the Seas visiting Singapore, Port Kelang, Penang and Langkawi in October.

I would be grateful for any advice on where to visit and which excursions to try so as to make the most of our time. Many thanks.

Welcome to Singapore! I live in Singapore and would be happy to help you with any questions.

Meanwhile, be aware that the Mariner of the Seas will sail from the Marina Bay Cruise Center. I made this video just to help fellow cruisers.

[YOUTUBE]-a5WI-KinVQ[/YOUTUBE]

Here was the Mariner of the Seas

[YOUTUBE]v0J2HyZuFnQ[/YOUTUBE]

Singapore,

is an amazing modern city. You will never see a more organised or cleaner city. Public transport is fantastic. So much to see and do.

Do you have a few nights there?

Port Kelang is a long way from KL. I read terrible things about the taxis service (run by the mob etc) then arrived to find a super well organised taxi set up. Cost under $100 US for a taxi for a big day into KL. Was fantastic. Got to see all the 'must dos' with plenty of time and in comfort.

Raina

(my Epic blog below had more ideas.

I know you probably don't have to do this with Singapore being your home, but can you give me the approximate travel time and taxi fare from Chinatown to the MBCS?

Around 11am so it won't be peak traffic. Doesn't matter if you don't know.

Opps, and another question, will a taxi be likely to fit 3 and 3 suitcases, I know often LPG taxis have small boots due to the LPG tank.

Thankyou Iluvcruising2

Regards reedy8

I know you probably don't have to do this with Singapore being your home, but can you give me the approximate travel time and taxi fare from Chinatown to the MBCS?

Opps, and another question, will a taxi be likely to fit 3 and 3 suitcases, I know often LPG taxis have small boots due to the LPG tank.

Thankyou Iluvcruising2

Regards reedy8

We were able t get a large taxi (van) from the airport. It easily held 3 adults and 6 suitcases.

They also have two levels of taxi with the second being a few more dollars but luxury cars - lovely!

Raina

Thankyou Iluvcruising2

Regards reedy8

Not all Singapore Taxis uses LPG. Flag down Taxi are not expensive in Singapore and you can reach MBCS in less then half hour. You may want to consider getting a Limo Taxi for a flat fare of $50sgd or $55. Ask you Hotel to assist you to book and specify that you want the larger Limo Taxi to accommodate you group.

Hope you have a great time Singapore and a warm welcome.