Breakaway March 2016 7 day out of NYC!!!

takeadip

Hi All,

we booked the 3/6/16 breakaway out of NYC...i realize its gonna be a little chilly...but does anyone know for how long? is it mostly just during sailaway..then by morning are we close enough south that we will be able to wear shorts/ tee shirts? or is the whole first day pretty cold...we have a mini on deck 9 midship...can we sit out on the small balcony?

Has anyone been on this cruise? if so what did you think? we booked cause our 5 yr old son will be on spring break...

Best,

Mark

I have been on BA in March, Nov, and Dec - usually by late morning on Day 2 things have warmed up a bit. On the way back - the last sea day is usually chilly. Really depends on how the weather is - and how windy it is.

4 out of the 7 days will be warm. Here is the breakdown.

NYC - high 40's

At Sea- morning high 50 by 2pm high 60's

Port Canav [emoji560]

GSC - [emoji560]

Nassau - [emoji560]

At Sea - [emoji560]

At Sea - [emoji560] in the morning, 60's by the early evening.

Edited by Golfin55

Part 2 of my response - lol

I really enjoy the BA - have been on BA 4xs and have 4 more booked. Leaving from NYC is easy for me and while the weather day 1 and day 7 is sometimes chilly - it is a beautiful ship with great indoor spaces as well.

Splash Academy on BA is great. We have traveled during holiday weeks when there are more kids then adults on the ship and they do a great job. My son who is now 11 actually tells me his schedule - so I don't book any shows or dinners that conflict with when he wants to go to Splash.

We always sail from NYC. Once in January our DD and BBF were in the hot tubs on first sea day, and people were using pools and sitting in the sun. It was beautiful out. Once in June on the BA we couldn't go outdoors till second sea day-due to high winds. You can never predict mother nature! Hope for the best, but you will enjoy either way.

Safe sailing

Hi All,

we booked the 3/6/16 breakaway out of NYC...i realize its gonna be a little chilly...but does anyone know for how long? is it mostly just during sailaway..then by morning are we close enough south that we will be able to wear shorts/ tee shirts? or is the whole first day pretty cold...we have a mini on deck 9 midship...can we sit out on the small balcony?

Has anyone been on this cruise? if so what did you think? we booked cause our 5 yr old son will be on spring break...

Best,

Mark

We're going a couple weeks before you. We are coming from upstate NY so even NYC weather is usually much warmer than ours. Sunny and 40 degrees in February or March feels like 65 in the fall. ;) We booked a full year out, so last year I watched the forecast daily for Nassau just to get an idea of the weather beyond the "average"s and it was low 80's there last year during the last part of Feb. and early March.