Anyone cruise the Monarch of the sea?

jojolabake

We went in August and had a great time. Loved San Diego and Catalina and considered Ensenada our sea day...never left the ship. We didn't find it to be a rowdy cruise but we are from Louisville, KY and found the time difference (3 hrs. behind us) to be a bit exhausting and turned in by 11:pm pacific time each night. I can't wait to take this trip again!!! I only have two little complaints. 1--no soft serve icecream 2--the majority really didn't dress for dinner...we did anyway and had a good time. Since these are my only complaints my life must be really wonderful!!

Go you will have a blast.

Amy

We did a 4 day on the Monarch in Feb. Didn't encounter any roudiness, I have heard the 3 day cruises are more of a "party" atmosphere. We enjoyed the cruise and are going again with a group of friends in December. The Monarch is an older ship but we found it to be in good condition. One thing to keep in mind is the staterooms are very small compared to the other RCL ships, but it's only for 4 days. There are some larger outside staterooms on deck 9. We found the staff to be helpful and professional and the food was good. The ship docks right near downtown San Diego so its easy to get around. Hope this helps.

The Monarch is a great ship for what she does. We just returned three weeks ago from the 4 day trip and had a wonderful time. The food seems to be much better on several of the RCCL ships this year over last. The cabins are smaller, but it's only 4 days, so no problem. The Monarch will go into drydock sometime in the middle of January, and many public rooms will get an overhaul, so cruising just after should have a sparkling clean ship. The itinerary is fun, one day in San Diego, right down town, a day anchored off of Catalina Island, and the town of Avalon is much fun, and Ensenada is a great day to stay aboard and discover the ship, sit by the pool, and relax. Well, maybe spend a couple of hours doing the town, just MHO. As you can see, we have booked her again in March, so that must say something!!!:D

Rick

We've been on the Monarch twice already and going again in October. Other than the cabin size we have found the ship to be very enjoyable. We have not ever noticed it being a "party" crowd - there will always be a few that like to have a little extra to drink but there's never been any problems that we've noticed. We enjoy visiting San Diego and Catalina Island, but not really too interested in Ensenada so I stay on the ship and enjoy myself.

we sailed on her last Oct and really enjoyed her and we are going again over thanksgiving weekend. We are taking my neice with us she has never cruised before and she lives in Ind so it is hard to get away during the school se we got a good rate over the thanksgiving weekend. I hope there will be other teenages on the ship for her to hang around with. I myself love to cruise and even if it is only a 3 day cruise will enjoy it I am sure.

Archived