Getaway 10/3 - a few questions :)

kmcahll00

Leaving Saturday on the Getaway (excited beyond words) - traveling with a group of 12. Was wondering if the iconcierge app really works? is there a cost? I think it might be helpful to keep in touch with some of the teens on the trip - it does have a way to message, right?

Also, if you have the UBP is the stuff in the mini-bar free? seems it should be but I feel I've read somewhere that it's not.

LEAVING TOMORROW FOR FLA !!! soooooooo excited !!

Edited by kmcahll00

We were on the getaway last week and only used the free version of the app and found it to be wonky. Also heard complaints from people around the ship that they had issues with the paid texting version as well. We also had issues with booking things from our tv and touch screens and was told they were having some issues because they upgraded the technology when we were docked in Miami so that may have been a reason there were app issues as well.

The texting app didn't work very well. I think it closes after a while so keep an eye on that. I didn't have trouble with the touch screens around the ship, and I didn't try and book anything withe the TV or the App. You could just go to the desk at any of the restaurants to book during a slower time. There will be plenty.