Diamond Entertainment

CruiserSteve

I just got off of the Diamond. The entertainment was excellent. The two stage shows "Curtain Up" and "Piano Man" were fantastic. They also had a couple of comedians that were excellent as well, but I think they left the ship. I have been on several prior Princess Cruises and I feel the entertainment on this cruise was the best.

I agree. We were on the 4/03 sailing. Piano was outstanding--the best we have seen in along time! We saw some of the comics on earlier sailings so we did not go this time although the first time they were funny, just do the same routines (Sarge, Jim McDonald, and Dan Horn). The hynotist also was good.

Steve--did they fix the leak near the dining rooms and the engine--one of the engines conked out while we were returning from Cabo? Also did they get rid of the sewage smell that was in different parts of the ship, like the Princess Theatre, etc.?

PINEY10---They pulled up the carpet, dried it out with blowers, and laid id back down--good as new now. It smelled a little of wet carpet in that area for a while but it was dissipating.

Didn't notice any sewage smells other than I would always get a noticeable whiff of the restroom freshener from the restrooms located near the photo area om Promenade Deck when passing through.

I asked for traditional first seating and got assigned second seating. After viewing the PC Dining rooms I decided what the heck and swithced to PC--glad I did--I enjoyed the varying decor and menus. The reservations were no problem, but I have kids and we like to eat early (6:30PM). Computer for making reservations was down the first day (stressed me out a little), but the next morning I called and made reservations for the rest of the week-- no problems with availability. The PC dining rooms are smaller as you know but I still didn't hear of any complaints on getting in.

We're just off of the Diamond as well, and we heard lots of complaints about people using PC dining (we had first seating traditional). After talking to many people, we were happy to have chosen traditional! (BTW, you get specialty menus on the first, third, fourth, and sixth nights in the traditional dining room.)

• 1 year later...

Archived