Have Any Of You Stayed On Board For Port Days?

Leo Jay

WE loved Jamaica!!!! We booked an independent tour online with Phil Lafayette. We learned a lot about Jamaica and were treated like Family. I don't think I would wander aimlessly around Jamaica alone, but I wouldn't do that in most of the Countries we have visited.

If I want to spend the day at the pool I'll rent a Motel room.It would be much cheaper than cruising.

Teri

We usually go ashore for atleast part of the time the ship is in port. Since a lot of people go first thing when the ship arrives - we sometimes wait and relax on the ship, have lunch on the ship and then go ashore. Works out pretty good as long as the ship is in port until early evening.

We stay on the ship if it is a port we have no interest in visiting again or if it is too crowded. We were in Grand Cayman last March and there were 4 ships in port. Having been there twice before, we decided to relax by the pool and just explore the ship a little more. I will turn 50 on our November cruise :D and we will be in Ochos Rios that day. Having no desire to return there, I plan on pampering myself with a spa day!

How did you like the Victory? We are going Jan1 2006 .....btw...We like getting off at the ports,.......we may not spend the whole time there but ther's always something new...this is my 8th cruise

We loved the cruise on the Victory! We only did the 2 night cruise to nowhere on the Victory, but we did a longer cruise on the Triumph too and they are very similiar....It was for my BF's B-day, we thought the food was great, we had fun in the bars, at the captain's cocktail party, the comedians were very good! It's a nice ship, you'll have a great time! :)

We have not sailed Carnival in quite a while. Will be sailing on the Conquest on 11/27/05. We were bumped off the Elation. We are not interested in most of the ports as we have cruised quite alot. Do they have organized Bridge on the ships. Does the Cruise Director have activities scheduled on the port days?

Thanks in advance for all replys.

Staying aboard needs to be reserved for cruises where you have visited the ports previously. This past cruise, when we were in Coz. We didn't come out of the cabin until 11:00, had a wonderful quiet lunch, briefly got off the ship, came right back, got frozen foo-foo drinks from the atrium bar and sat on the balcony the rest of the afternoon. Lovely:)

Archived