Cancellation/Change Question

I'm ready to book a cruise, but I'm wanting to know what happens if I can't make it on the cruise I book. Can I switch to another date without penalty? Do I have to cancel the whole thing?

My concern is my husband being in the military and his leave being changed last minute and also our childcare falling through. We're going to have grandparents coming to stay with our children while we cruise, but all the grandparents have jobs. So I'm worried plans for them to babysit might fall through due to their work.

If a situation like one of those arises, will I be able to change my booking to a different date? I know there is a penalty for canceling, but what about switching to another time? How will RC handle this situation?

Thanks again, y'all are so helpful!

You can switch to another cruise without penalty or cancel for full refund anytime before final payment date.

If you get insurance, I believe some cover cancellation for military deployment. That way you would be covered for changes after final payment date.

Edited by clarea

I would ask the military and someone relatively high up at RCCL on this one.

If they just change his leave for no good reason that would probably be treated as a regular job canceling a normal person's vacation, but if they cancel his leave due to deployment (his or part of his unit) a whole bunch of civilian contracts are over ridden with no penalty to the member of the military.

Thanks for the replies. :) As far as hubs, it wouldn't be deployment related if his leave got changed. His specific position here at this base puts him charge of about 60+ students, sometimes more. In order for him to take leave, other people have to take over for him while he's gone and they have to have enough other guys to take on my hubs' students. So he can be granted leave and if something happens to one of the other guys that would've taken over for him, that his higher ups deem more important than our cruise, then his leave will be revoked.

We're determined to take a cruise in 2016, and I have no problem having to change dates if I need to. Just not sure how it all worked with that. I just want to be prepared if something comes up at the last minute.