Are the excursions worth it on the western Caribbean on the Norwegian Jade?

Artgirl00

Hi-

We are sailing on the Norwegian Jade 7-Day Western Caribbean from Houston in December. Is it worth going on any of the ship's excursions in Cozumel, Belize City, or Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras? If so, which excursions would you recommend?

Thanks, Marilyn

I never go through the cruise for excursions as I like to maek the most of my time in ports.

Cozumel: Chankanaab Park, Passion Island or Nachi Cocum - all wonderful

Costa Maya I have not been to, but is on the itinerary for our Thanksgiving 2016 cruise and I am going to book Maya Chan beach resort.

Roatan: Little French Key

Belize: Butts up Cave Tubing with optional zip lining adventure

I did the Butts Up cave tubing and zip line adventure and by far was the best excursion I have ever been on in my cruising history. You can google the company. It was my first time for both. We had a group of people ages 36-65 and everyone had a great time. You will not regret it.

Thank you :):)

Looking over their website, reading about the hikes up to zip line and to tubing start point, are the hikes easy? Asking for someone in our group.

Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize City, and Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

If you do anything in Belize or Honduras I would do a excursion. Unless you go to Cay Caukler off of Belize in which we rented a golf cart and had a blast. Cozmel you can take a taxi to any of the resorts you want. I always do the nicer hotel resorts and I pay less then any of the boozed up trips to those crummy places like Nacos or playa mia. Cost maya you should be able to hang out at the beach another taxi ride.

If you do anything in Belize or Honduras I would do a excursion. Unless you go to Cay Caukler off of Belize in which we rented a golf cart and had a blast. Cozmel you can take a taxi to any of the resorts you want. I always do the nicer hotel resorts and I pay less then any of the boozed up trips to those crummy places like Nacos or playa mia. Cost maya you should be able to hang out at the beach another taxi ride.

Do all the nicer hotel resorts in Cozumel allow cruise passengers to purchase a day pass? Which do you recommend?

Edited by Chelly

I never go through the cruise for excursions as I like to maek the most of my time in ports.

Cozumel: Chankanaab Park, Passion Island or Nachi Cocum - all wonderful

Costa Maya I have not been to, but is on the itinerary for our Thanksgiving 2016 cruise and I am going to book Maya Chan beach resort.

Roatan: Little French Key

Belize: Butts up Cave Tubing with optional zip lining adventure

I second butts up cave tubing, amazing excursion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on a "first timer" NCL cruise from Houston, same itinerary, in December, too. From my friends who cruise a lot, it sounds like Cozumel is pretty easy to do on your own. We are thinking of taking a cab to a beach club. For Belize, I'm thinking of doing a NCL excursion because it will be a trip away from port and I want to make sure we get back! In Roatan, we are considering a private tour from Victor Bodden. Great reviews, sounds like all the drivers are accommodating and would get us back on time and let us build our own tour.

We are going on a "first timer" NCL cruise from Houston, same itinerary, in December, too. From my friends who cruise a lot, it sounds like Cozumel is pretty easy to do on your own. We are thinking of taking a cab to a beach club. For Belize, I'm thinking of doing a NCL excursion because it will be a trip away from port and I want to make sure we get back! In Roatan, we are considering a private tour from Victor Bodden. Great reviews, sounds like all the drivers are accommodating and would get us back on time and let us build our own tour.

sounds like a good plan.

Paradise beach in Cozumel is only a short cab ride from the pier. They charge a small cover and all food & drink is priced a la carte but well worth it. Cave tubing in Belize was fun too. Tabayana is a great beach in Roatan.

On the 12/19 cruise, was wondering if anyone did a Chichen Itza excursion. Available? NCL booked or independent? Cost?

Thanks,

JW

Are you referring to the 12/19/2015 cruise? If so, check on your Roll Call. Plenty of info there.

Edited by Chelly

On the 12/19 cruise, was wondering if anyone did a Chichen Itza excursion. Available? NCL booked or independent? Cost?

Thanks,

JW

Chichen Itza is not accessable by cruise ship. If docked at Cozumel, you would have to take a ferry over to the peninsula then drive for 2-3 hours to the site. It is a wonderful set of ruins and I highly recommend it but not by cruise ship. Is it possible you are considering Tulum (also a ferry ride but much closer to Cozumel) or Chacchobben which is easily accessible from Costa Maya? There are also ruins that are reachable on a cruise ship timeline from Belize city (3 options).

I strongly suggest one of the Mayan Ruins tours in Belize. Amazing! In Roatan we did a tour to a walk through a monkey and bird sanctuary, and then it was a short walk to the beach. That was fun. There was also a zip line there, but I am too fat for that. LOL