Diamond/Sapphire Emerald Deck Mini-Suites; noise??

Ted

Diamond and Sapphire have a number of aft Emerald deck mini-suites with fully covered balconies that seem highly desirable. However, I have noticed that they are partially or fully over "Club Fusion," and wonder whether the noise is troublesome.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone who has actually stayed in one of these mini-suites would comment on these cabins, with noise a particular concern, but also with anything else positive or negative.

Thanks!!

Ted

I have stayed in an Emerald Mini (E730) on the Caribbean Princess. E730 is directly over the sound stage and would be the most effected by noise from below.I have stayed on a Dolphin Mini on the Sapphire. I much prefer the Emerald Mini's and have one reserved for next summer. The noise issue should be the same on the Sapphire as it was on the Caribbean Princess. Although we could hear (sort of) the music from Club Fusion, it did not bother us in the least. It is very faint and usually we didn't hear it at all.

We were in E719 and had no noise from the club. I think the port (left) side is more vulnerable because that's where the sound system is. I have ready other posts that indicate that there was some noise. So go for an odd number to be safe.

We've sailed in both Dolphin and Emerald deck minis. I liked them both, but all things being equal would probably go w/Emerald. I liked the covered deck more than I thought I would because I do like the sun. But we got sun in the morning going north and the cabin was NOT dark after the sun passed over the ship. DH burns easily, so he was happy with the full coverage. The greater sense of privacy was nice. I've never felt that any eyes were on me while out on Dolphin deck, but viewing it from, say, Skywalkers really drives home the point that everybody on the ship has at least a distant view.

The Emerald minis are closer to the traditional dining room and all the fun stuff on the PRomenade Deck, too. :D

My sister, mom and aunt were in E731 on the Sapphire in September and expected to hear the Club Fusion noise bleed and heard NOTHING! The location and covered balcony are well worth any minimal noise.

We have been booked in E728 and E729 on Grand Class ships 4 times and have another one booked for January. The availability of one of these cabins is how we decide on our cruise.

Judy

My sister, mom and aunt were in E731 on the Sapphire in September and expected to hear the Club Fusion noise bleed and heard NOTHING! The location and covered balcony are well worth any minimal noise.

We have been booked in E728 and E729 on Grand Class ships 4 times and have another one booked for January. The availability of one of these cabins is how we decide on our cruise.

Judy

Were they able to get that cabin on the Sapphire at the regular rate or did they have to pay the inflated price? I have stayed in those particular cabins 3 times and just love them.

Thanks to all of you!!

Due to your help, I was comfortable enough with the situation to book one of these cabins in October of 2006. I could not believe that I was able to book a mini-suite for under $1050 (including port charges) plus get a bottle of wine and $50 cabin credit. That was less than other ships were charging for balcony cabins that week.

Thanks to all of you!!

Due to your help, I was comfortable enough with the situation to book one of these cabins in October of 2006. I could not believe that I was able to book a mini-suite for under $1050 (including port charges) plus get a bottle of wine and $50 cabin credit. That was less than other ships were charging for balcony cabins that week.

Ted,

Good decision. Our group had the back 2 AE cabins on our Diamond cruise. The extended balconies were great and we got a really wide-angle view of everything. Neither of us heard a sound from Club Fusion. I've booked cabin E729 on our Grand cruise -- it's a great location!

Were they able to get that cabin on the Sapphire at the regular rate or did they have to pay the inflated price? I have stayed in those particular cabins 3 times and just love them.

No inflated price as far as I know, but my sister is a travel agent and knows about the "secret" of the last minis on Emerald deck on Grand class ships--since I found out them from this board and told her and then sailed them many times! Like I said before, we (my husband and I) choose our cruises based on the availability of one of those two cabins--if not available, we look for another cruise.

Judy

No inflated price as far as I know, but my sister is a travel agent and knows about the "secret" of the last minis on Emerald deck on Grand class ships--since I found out them from this board and told her and then sailed them many times! Like I said before, we (my husband and I) choose our cruises based on the availability of one of those two cabins--if not available, we look for another cruise.

Judy

The prime mini's on the Sapphire and Diamond are AE's. Everytime I check the prices, they are much higher than the other AD emerald mini's and I am not willing to pay that price. When I've seen the price go down, they are always guarantee's and you immediately get upgraded to an AA, AB or AC. I would love to have those cabins this summer but I'm currently booked in the first emerald deck mini and not the last. :( I'll keep checking until the bitter end though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all the posters on "the board where you can find ANYTHING you need to know about cruising"...I was able to make an informed decision and moved from E728 to E731. I did so to not even take a chance of hearing the bass thump as it most likely would keep me up. It was quite ironic that both cabins were still available when I first booked for our April 1 sailing on the Sapphire and then today I saw that E731 was available PLUS I asked if the price had gone down and it has and I got the lower rate. Woohoo! 2 birds with one stone. So E728 is available if anyone wants it. :)

Another good note is from the research I've done, the starboard side seems more favorable for the Mex. Riviera. That's a debatable point but I won't complain!

Thanks to all the posters on "the board where you can find ANYTHING you need to know about cruising"...I was able to make an informed decision and moved from E728 to E731. I did so to not even take a chance of hearing the bass thump as it most likely would keep me up. It was quite ironic that both cabins were still available when I first booked for our April 1 sailing on the Sapphire and then today I saw that E731 was available PLUS I asked if the price had gone down and it has and I got the lower rate. Woohoo! 2 birds with one stone. So E728 is available if anyone wants it. :)

Another good note is from the research I've done, the starboard side seems more favorable for the Mex. Riviera. That's a debatable point but I won't complain!

I was in E725 two weeks ago and didn't hear a thing.

Hi,

I am considering E729 for our January Sapphire Mex Riviera Cruise. Thanks for the "noise discussion"--it really puts me at ease. You mentioned getting the morning sun going north. Can you (or anyone else) comment on the starboard Emerald mini-suite having enough sun streaming through for sun bathing while enroute to mexico (going south)--or while in ports, etc..

Thanks!

Archived