Galveston post-cruise late December

mary_228

Disembarking the Sunday after Christmas. We won't have time to sightsee in Galveston pre-cruise and wonder if I spend the day we disembark and that night in town will there be enough stores open to make this a logical stay?

I know the museums are open, but I would like to stroll around the Strand and shop, especially at the candy store. But we are hoping for lots of restaurant choices as well.

I appreciate your comments.

Disembarking the Sunday after Christmas. We won't have time to sightsee in Galveston pre-cruise and wonder if I spend the day we disembark and that night in town will there be enough stores open to make this a logical stay?

I know the museums are open, but I would like to stroll around the Strand and shop, especially at the candy store. But we are hoping for lots of restaurant choices as well.

I appreciate your comments.

If I were you, I would research further to get phone numbers of places you wish to visit, call one or two and ask them. It is quite likely they will be open, as "Christmas on the Strand" is extremely popular, and I believe, continues into January. I am almost certain that Landry's (across the street from the Strand, 5310 Seawall Blvd. Galveston, TX Phone:(409) 744-1010, will be open.