Hotel Suggestions for Houston ( GB International )

sarabeth1710

We have flight vouchers for Alaska Airlines.

We will have to fly Reno to GB International, instead of Hobby, for our Breeze cruise in August 2016.

Amy suggestions for a safe, clean airport hotel, the night before the cruise? Also, do we have to go back to the airport to catch the transfer the next day?

We have never been to Houston.....

Thanks so much...

--Lori

We have flight vouchers for Alaska Airlines.

We will have to fly Reno to GB International, instead of Hobby, for our Breeze cruise in August 2016.

Amy suggestions for a safe, clean airport hotel, the night before the cruise? Also, do we have to go back to the airport to catch the transfer the next day?

We have never been to Houston.....

Thanks so much...

--Lori

The only hotel actually attached to the airport is a Marriott.

There is a Hampton Inn on JFK Blvd. that is nice and clean. They have a shuttle to and from the airport.

There is also a Best Western Plus on Will Clayton Parkway that is clean and usually pretty cheap. They also have a shuttle.

Also on JFK you will find a Hilton Garden Inn, Sheraton, Doubletree and a couple of hotels in the Choice hotel family. It is real close to the airport property.

Try to avoid getting a hotel on the Sam Houston Tollway. You could end up in a traffic jam trying to get back to the airport in the morning.

You will need to get back to the airport to catch the transfer, so book a hotel with the free airport shuttle. All of those above have them.

FYI we have stayed at the Marriott, Doubletree, Sheraton, Hampton Inn and Best Western Plus when we have an early flight out of IAH. All of them are clean. I guess where you stay depends on your budget. If we can get a room at the Marriott that is our preference just to make things easy the morning of the flight.

Edited by DebJ14

Great Thank YOU!

So, the Marriott is AT the airport, like Tampa and Orlando has hotels in the airport? I will look at that first, it would be the most convenient!

If its too pricey I will look at the Hilton Garden Inn, I have reward programs at both!

Thank You for the info about location also!

--Lori

Lori- Check the prices of the CCL Transfer too. It might be better (depending on when you get into GBI) to take a shuttle to Glaveston and book a hotel down there. There are many that have free port shuttles. It would depend on how many there are in you party. But if more than 2, it might be more economical to book independent transport than pay 3 or 4 x the CCL transfer price.

If you stick with the CCL shuttle DO NOT tell them you are coming in the night before. Find a flight # that comes in that morning at a time you think you would get back to the airport and use that.

Jim-

The earliest flight into Houston from Reno is 4:30pm arrival, that is why we have to spend the night... Will Carnival know if I pick a fictitious flight number?

We have to fly through 2 different airports to get there, its not an easy task from Reno, NV! lol!

I will look at hotels in Galveston, I had no idea the hotels would pick you up!

Thank YOU!

--Lori