Distilled water in Venice (CPAP)

Gig103

Hi all,

I heard back from MSC Special Needs - I had asked for distilled water (even at a fee like Carnival) but the response was that I was allowed to bring it on board. Now I need to find a gallon in Venice.

Do people think/know if the pharmacy in Santa Lucia will have it, and if not where I can go for a gallon? Anyone know how I'd ask a shop owner in Italian for it? I'm thinking "acqua sin minerale" but dunno....

Most supermarkets will stock it for ironing. It's labelled Acqua Demineralizzata, and comes in 5 litre bottles, very inexpensively priced. (They also sell special scented ironing water, but you won't enjoy that in the CPAP! :eek:)

ImageUploadedByForums1444256374.593235.jpg.119c343dc84defc8287f0cca09285ee1.jpg

Edited by lisiamc

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record, demineralized water (Acqua Demineralizzata), and comes in 5 litre bottles, very inexpensively priced. (They also sell special scented ironing water, but you won't enjoy that water is not necessary distilled. It will work, however, work fine (and safely) in your CPAP.

I mention only because if you ask for distilled water at the pharmacy, you are likely to pay much more than if you purchased Acqua Demineralizzata at a supermarket. There is a supermarket (Coop) at Piazzale Roma which is between the train station and the cruise port. The coop has a pharmacy, also, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you very much for the note about pricing, and availability at Piazzale Roma which is near our hotel! :-)

Which hotel are you staying at?

Was it easy to get to from the airport?

Besides his CPAP we have two wheeled suitcases but hubby uses a cane.

• 2 months later...

Having sailed down the Grand Canal to St Marks Square by Vaporetto water bus using route 1. What routes go back to the cruise port?

How long would it take to walk back and what is the route to take?