Transatlantic to Barcelona on Eurodam?

cassandra44

We are torn between taking the Eurodam to Barcelona - end of March - till April or the Oceania Riviera mid April...end of April...

Trying to weigh up all the pros and cons... ports of call, dining options, enrichment lectures and so on- and also the price (since the Canadian dollar is so low right now).

We have been on Oceania Marina before and loved it (South Pacific) and on other ships in the HAL fleet including the Niew Amsterdam (in the Med).

One of the things on our list is enrichment and whether classical quartet or similar might be playing (not keen on broadway type shows).

Love informative lectures (especially on long cruises) and also would welcome opportunity to do photoshop course or similar.

Does anyone have experience on either ship with the lecture series or with instructional sessions? Also whether it was worth getting an internet package on HAL (it is included with Oceania).

Any other comments would be welcome .....but we must decide today...this is last minute prep!

Thanks

Standard on HAL ships is a classical duo (which used to be a trio). Every ship I have been on they have always been excellent. I actually booked this cruise, but not until November 2016. I have never done a TA, so I can't speak as to lectures, etc. However, I did a Panama Canal cruise this April, and the guest lecturer was excellent, and did extra lectures that he did not have to (I think he ended up doing 8 or so.) He did three on alternate history scenarios which were fascinating!