Early Disembarkation

vavip

Don't wait until the last night. There should be a list you can get on for the express disembarkment, I think they limit the number of passengers who do this. Early in the week go to the front desk and explain that you have an early flight and would like to get off the ship ASAP on the last day of the cruise. You will not be putting your luggage out the night before, and you will have to carry (roll) all of your luggage off the ship yourself.

I haven't ever had to do this but several friends did and it worked for them and they were in the first group called to exit the ship. Maybe someone else on the boards can give you more details...

Sign up for express debarkation is announced both in the daily Freestyle newsletter and over the public address system. You won't have a problem signing up for it.

That much said, you are going to be on a tight schedule. Assuming the ship docks at 8:30, you will probably be in a taxi around 10:30 and at the airport between 11:15 and 11:30. That is cutting it close.

Sign up for express debarkation is announced both in the daily Freestyle newsletter and over the public address system. You won't have a problem signing up for it.

That much said, you are going to be on a tight schedule. Assuming the ship docks at 8:30, you will probably be in a taxi around 10:30 and at the airport between 11:15 and 11:30. That is cutting it close.

If you can book a later flight, you might want to consider doing that. That's cutting it close--we ended up 6 hours late coming back to NY on our Dawn cruise. I know that's unusual, but being an hour or 2 late happens once in a while.

I agree with the thread just above............................it usually doesn't occur that we run late docking, but it COULD. Regardless, you will have to carry all your own luggage off, so don't set it out the night before. Also, if NCL sets the luggage tags out in the purser's foyer like Carnival does, then you can just swing by and grab one of each color tag so no matter which one they call first, you'll be able to exit. Of course, I am assuming their disembarkation is by color coded tags like many of the other cruiselines.

Most times there shouldn't be a problem with this time. I've always considered it cutting it really close if the flight is noon or before. As long as you're not going from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami airport, or vice versa, there shouldn't be a problem. Shouldn't be a problem either in getting the 'first off' tag color if you want just in case. Most lines are pretty understanding of early flights and such and help out.

I am flying from LAX to Raleigh and leaving at 12:40PM gets me on the east coast at 11:15PM. I originally saw the Star ship mexican riviera cruise docked at 7AM so I thought that was enough time. I guess it doesn't dock now until 8AM? Oh well, we'll hope for the best. I've been on many cruises and never got off late but there is always a first time. :-(

I believe those who have flights debark the ship prior to express debarkation.

Either way, you will have plenty of time to get to the airport unless a delay in ship reaching the port.

Have fun

Is there anything I need to do on the last night to get off as early as possible when we arrive back? My flight is early at 12:40PM to the east coast and I want to make it. :-)

When we cruised on the Spirit earlier this month, we were concerned about making it to the airport for our 12:15 pm flight. So when we were offered express debarkation, we jumped on it. We had no problems.

The ship docked at 7 AM. We got off the ship shortly after 8 AM; we found our airport shuttle bus (we had bought vouchers when we arrived in Seattle) ... and then sat there for another 20 - 25 minutes until they had a full load of passengers. Mildly annoying, but it still wasn't a problem. We were at the Seattle airport before 10 AM ... had plenty of time to check in for the flight, get something to eat, get a beverage to take on board, and make a potty stop before boarding.

Archived