Insignia Drydock

cruiseyguy

Hi Cruiseyguy, I 'think' I saw something a while ago re Insignia drydock being in perhaps April? or sometime in that area. The only reason it piqued my interest as we are on an October '06 sailing.

No doubt, one of our friends here will have a definitive answer.

Happy sailing!

By April next year, the Insignia will have been at sea for barely two years after extensive refitting by Oceania. Why should it have to be drydocked for ten days? Perhaps it will be chartered for ten days instead, any ideas? Thank you.

The Insignia is most definitely being dry-docked in Marseilles in April 2006 after her transatlantic crossing and is definitely NOT being chartered. There was NO extensive refitting of this ship by Oceania when she started sailing for "O". Most of the changes were cosmetic only with the exception of some new decking surfaces. According to FDR the scheduled dry-dock in April will be to bring the Insignia up to par with the the improvements that "O" is making in Nautica along with the usual upkeep that is undertaken at dry-dock; linens & drapes replaced, carpets repaired or replaced as necessary, etc. It is standard operating procedure for most cruise lines to dry-dock their ships every couple of years.

Happy sailing,

Doug

We have been on the Regatta, but not the Insignia. However, I sort of vaguely remember Oceania's agents' praising of Insignia some two years ago, saying something like "if you are impressed with the Regatta, you'll have your socks knocked off with the Insignia" (or something to that effect). Now, I seem to be hearing a different story?? Can someone clarify this, please!

Jan, any ideas?

Each time a ship has come out..it has been upgraded with new decorating..Frank has great ideas, Regatta will also go into drydock to have all the new amenities added, that will be on the Nautica and Insignia (after drydock) so they will all be identical..

Jan

Archived