In Room Treats - How do you schedule?

I have a gluten allergy so therefore I eat a lot of cheese of all kinds. In my previous cruises there were only deli sliced cheeses in the buffet. If there are random cheese chunks and fruit I could grab at the buffet, then that is cool with me. I just wanted something to have with my wine in the evening on a sea day on my balcony. Thanks all for the input.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I was also thinking of ordering the cheese platter for my DH, question is, if they are available on the menu why pay the additional money? Is the platter you pre-order better than the menu item?

Ile de France Brie, Goat and Camembert, Savoyard Reblochon, Italian Gorgonzola, English Cheddar, Swiss Emmenthal and Boursin. Served with Fresh Baked Breads, Lavosh and Accompaniments. (serves up to 4)

As far as I know those are not cheeses they are going to have on the buffet. I am going for it. I love my cheese :-)

Ile de France Brie, Goat and Camembert, Savoyard Reblochon, Italian Gorgonzola, English Cheddar, Swiss Emmenthal and Boursin. Served with Fresh Baked Breads, Lavosh and Accompaniments. (serves up to 4)

As far as I know those are not cheeses they are going to have on the buffet. I am going for it. I love my cheese :-)

Not sure where that cheese plate came from ? Is that new ? Last we had was cheddar, Swiss and saltines.

If I can't pronounce it, I don't eat it:D Cheddar I can pronounce;)

Sounds just like what my DH would love! I'm going to try it out also, what the heck ;)

Not sure where that cheese plate came from ? Is that new ? Last we had was cheddar, Swiss and saltines.

The fancy cheeses are the ones on the cheese plate that can be pre-purchased online, the one referred to in op.

So I should not hold my breath that the Chocolate Covered Strawberries will be there by sailaway or the Cheese Tray there mid afternoon to have something to soak up all of the alcohol from my pub crawl? :eek:

Ours were on time the first day (sail-off) on the Gem.

True, there's something about paying $35-40 for plate of cheese compare to getting it free from the buffet random daily cheese platter section. I think its called satisfaction or exhilaration. *shrug*

I cruise a couple times a year, one with kids and one just my boyfriend and I. We have 6 kids so we are usually on a tight budget. This is our 40th birthday cruise and we are splurging just a little bit. Our first balcony and with the money I am saving having UBP, I budgeted extra money for some fun things like Beachside Massages, Cheese Platter, Chocolate Covered Strawberries. The things that will make our trip that much better.

We are big cheese eaters and wine drinkers, and on a typical run to the grocery store will spend $40 on 4-5 cheeses, so to me the price of the platter is not exorbitant.

For those who aren't into cheese, then yes I can see where grabbing some from the buffet would work. With a fridge in the room, that tray will last at least 3 days and a nice munchie when we are on our balcony late night with some wine.