Internet question

khrivnak

We'll be cruising on the Pride soon (8 day). My friend has a college age daughter not cruising with us. She'll be purchasing the internet that allows you the social media option so she can keep in touch via facebook messenger (thats around $60, correct?). Friend's mom is also cruising in same stateroom with friend. Friends mom has a significant other also not cruising. Is the $60 cost per room or per person? Will friends mom have to purchase her own internet or will the $60 cover both?

$60 covers one device. All someone has to do is log out and anyone else can log in on another device. You log in via the folio number and birthdate of the person who purchased the plan.

There's also a $25 social media package if all she's trying to do is access FB messenger. It works great, I used it to keep in contact with our dog sitter vs. a phone plan

$60 covers one device. All someone has to do is log out and anyone else can log in on another device. You log in via the folio number and birthdate of the person who purchased the plan.

There's also a $25 social media package if all she's trying to do is access FB messenger. It works great, I used it to keep in contact with our dog sitter vs. a phone plan

thanks for the info!!

Does the $25 package work the same (logging out and having her mom log in with the folio?).

What does the $60 cover that the $25 does not? She really only needs the facebook messenger to message her daughter, but am wondering what the difference in the two packages are? Is there a limit on the minutes on the $25?

I haven't been on a Carnival ship since they started this, but I have read about it here on CC. I believe it's called a Social Media plan and it's $5 per day or $25 for the whole cruise. You have access to FB (including Messenger), Twitter and a couple of other sites. I don't believe you can check email or surf other sites. The next package is $60, I think, like you said and it gives you full internet access, but restricts data speed. The most expensive package gets you higher data speeds, but even that can feel slow compared to home cable service. Anyway, that's what I've read. I'm going for the $25 plan for my b2b2b in just 50 more days.

I called my husband through Facebook messenger,can also video call. I purchased $25 social pkg. There is a slight delay but worked fine for me. I did have to go to higher deck to get better signal. There is no limit on minutes. Just have her warn about the delay before she leaves.

thanks for the info!!

Does the $25 package work the same (logging out and having her mom log in with the folio?).

What does the $60 cover that the $25 does not? She really only needs the facebook messenger to message her daughter, but am wondering what the difference in the two packages are? Is there a limit on the minutes on the $25?

The $60 covers stuff like banking and news sites. The $25 is Instagram, FB, etc. and yes the $25 works the same as far as logging in. It's $25 or $60 for the whole cruise, not a minute limit. If they're on Breeze they can purchase thru the Hub app.