Cruises taken/ Days sailed

NOSaints1

14 days on Carnival, 20 days on Celebrity, 43 days on Princess, 57 days on RCL, and 381 days on NCL. Total of 69 cruises, with 17 booked as of now.

We are going on the Pearl next week 11 days to the Panama Canal and we can stock up on more cruise rewards;)

Edited by Landl cruiser

I really can't imagine doing it on NCL, Royal or Carnival. Doing it on lines that do world cruises seems to make sense but doing the same 7 day runs week for week with the same music, lame jokes of the CD and all the other scripted stuff?

I am at 132 nights in 5 years and now mostly looking for new itineraries / reposition cruises with an occasional super cheap european winter cruise.

From what I have heard from people who cruise a lot same ship on board is that they don't really attend the events and just do other things.

Super Mario, for instance, sails mostly on the Royal Liberty of the Seas and does his work onboard as well - what a relaxing life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 days on Carnival, 20 days on Celebrity, 43 days on Princess, 57 days on RCL, and 381 days on NCL. Total of 69 cruises, with 17 booked as of now.

We are going on the Pearl next week 11 days to the Panama Canal and we can stock up on more cruise rewards;)

Hi Larry,

Now I know who to call when we need a cruise reward :p

Edited by Got Tequila?

Haha I agree! I did a carnival one in April and couldn't wait to get off!

I agree. I did a Carnival in 1985. Tried it again in 2007. Just as bad. If I try again in 20 years, just shoot me please if my wife doesn't do it first.:p

Who do you think has the best loyalty program?

I think they all have there good points and some of there points are better than the others.

At the Platinum level on NCL, you get 2 complementary dinners with a bottle of wine in some of the speciality restaurants, plus other stuff.

At the Diamond (comparable to NCL Platinum, although there are higher levels on RCL with increased benefits) you get complementary drinks every evening in the Diamond lounge, plus other stuff.

On Celebrity, reciprocity with RCL if you are diamond on RCL, you are Elite on Celebrity, and vice versa, if you are Elite on Celebrity you are Diamond on RCL.

Princess has their own Elite program, and I am not familiar with their Captains Circle benefits.

Carnival -- Who cares. I'll never get there:p

Edited by Landl cruiser

I enjoy Carnival it has it's good and bad points, just like any other cruise line. I'm not fond of there loyalty program.

My first cruise with Carnival was in 1985. I was coming home from a year in Korea with the USAF. My ex (a travel agent) booked it as a welcome home for the two of us. Nuff said. We separated shortly thereafter.

My second cruise with Carnival was in 2007 on the Triumph. Great deal, great cabin, but did not enjoy it all. Half way thru the cruise our seat mates went wacko at dinner, and we went to the buffet for the rest of the cruise.

Bad memories for both cruises. I'll leave it at that.

6 different cruise lines, with 319 nights on the seas on 39 cruises. We have 5 more booked with 3 different cruise lines to add 60 more nights! Our first cruise was in April of 2003. YEP, we certainly caught this addiction!!

Edited by debshomespun

We have been at Sea Exactly 300 days total, as a passenger not sure I could go non stop 1000 days mostly because I am a workaholic but if I was doing something like being a Future Cruise Consultant working on the ship I could easily do the 4 to 5 months at a time. The longest cruise we have taken was 15 days and neither my husband nor I were ready to get off the ship we could have stayed on several more weeks. I think you tend to get into a daily routine just like living at home.

I have to admit have taken as many cruises as we have you tend to pace yourself as far as eating as well. I tend to over eat more at home than I do on the ship and I get more exercise out and about on the ship.

I agree. I did a Carnival in 1985. Tried it again in 2007. Just as bad. If I try again in 20 years, just shoot me please if my wife doesn't do it first.:p

Their new vista ship looks like it could be a step in the right direction. The biggest thing I can't stand with carnival is their entertainment! It is by far the worst! I couldn't even enjoy it being tipsy, can't imagine what it is like for the sober crowd. And their music that they have going on the pool deck and other "live" music is so terrible. Combine that with the fact that the ship I was on had severe plumbing problems and the staff wouldn't admit it ( all public bathrooms shut down and extreme sewage smell, it's like cmon!) it really wasn't an enjoyable 4 days. Best time of the cruise was in the ports! At least it wasn't a week! Never again! I'll stick with ncl!