Do the Breeze "secret decks have lounge chairs?

stoddaj1

Yes VERY windy most of the time and always sunny except when the weather wasn't. I don't remember all that many lounge chairs but it's been 2 years since I was on the Breeze, but I do remember that there were never more than 1 or 2 people on any of those 3 decks whenever we went out there :)

Edited by cruziJenn

Any secret decks near the spa cabins on 12? We will be on our cruise next week😀

Deck 11 has a secret deck, forward.

Unfortunately deck 12 does not.

We are in a spa cabin on the Breeze in December and purposely booked deck 11, so that the secret deck is just outside our door. :)

Enjoy the Breeze, she's gorgeous.

This will be our 4th time on her.

Never seen loungers on the secret decks. They aren't just breezy but tend to be like standing in a wind tunnel when the ship is moving. I would think the loungers, unless fully bolted to the deck would slam into the wall at every opportunity. Maybe someone carries out their chairs while in port? Open areas at the front of the ship where passengers are encouraged to congregate have plexi glass walls probably 8 or 9 feet high with a wind break angled top that tend to buffer the wind. Secret decks are just surrounded by a 4' guardrail, aren't they.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

Never seen loungers on the secret decks. They aren't just breezy but tend to be like standing in a wind tunnel when the ship is moving. I would think the loungers, unless fully bolted to the deck would slam into the wall at every opportunity. Maybe someone carries out their chairs while in port? Open areas at the front of the ship where passengers are encouraged to congregate have plexi glass walls probably 8 or 9 feet high with a wind break angled top that tend to buffer the wind. Secret decks are just surrounded by a 4' guardrail, aren't they.

I wondered if it was just some of the crew that brought loungers onto those decks....we also saw an ashtray or 2 out there sometimes.

Secret decks with secret doors, LOL! They are called Forward Observation Decks, and far from being a secret.

The secret deck lingo I've only seen as a cruise critic term, along with dress up or lobster night, LOL! It's Elegant Night..

Stewart my cabin steward says passengers & crew are not permitted to take a deck chair to the forward observation decks however passengers sometimes do. They are promptly removed when located on the forward observation decks due to high winds posing serious dangers when the ship (not boat) is moving..

:rolleyes:

When we were on Breeze we were on deck 7 just a little ways down from one of those 'secret doors' but we only went in that way 1 time (never out) because the wind was gale force and I thought that I was gonna be blown away. We usually just walked around deck 5 because then we could judge how bad the wind was going to be, and if we had to fight too hard then we turned around and tried again later. Some days it was just no-go all day. And yeah the walls are only about 4 feet with no plexiglass shield above and so you get the wind full force when you're standing or walking.