Freedom 20th September 2015

Micky1

Just back from the above Eastern Carribean sailing on Freedom, had a fantastic week.

I can see where some people are coming from, things are definitely changing but not nearly enough to make me ditch RC.

I can see that the prices of some things are up. We had the drinks package and never had a problem at any bar with any drink. It was fantastic, the mixoligists in the R bar deserve special mention they were outstanding every single night they made us feel very special and it was quite sad saying goodbye to them.

We had aft corner stateroom room 1400 had it before and it was fantastic again, Amelia our attendant was second to none, she didn't feel quite well a couple of days but you would never know she was smiling every day and again made us feel so welcome and special.

We ate in Sabor and Chops and had fantastic meals in both. Windjammer was consistantly good, breakfast in the MDR was a treat that's our first time doing that and we will def do it again.

We had a small problem in the MDR at my time dining, we voiced this problem and it was rectified immediately, the service after this was exceptional to say the least, I won't go into it because the way RC rectified it speaks volumes and says far more about them than the problem in the first place.

We travelled from Scotland 4 adults 4 kids met some lovely people, Jim and his wife from Canada if your on here and read this, hello it was a pleasure meeting you both and we enjoyed your company.

We had a fantastic holiday weather was great, Royal were great so thank you very much.

P.S. I took one tip from someone on the boards and took a hammock for my balcony ...... best thing ever .... lying in the hammock with a whisky listening to the wake behind the ship or watching the sunset well that's just memories forever.:):):):):)

Thank you for your comments. We will be on Freedom on 4 weeks for a B2B. It will be our first time on Freedom. We will be in 1406 just down from where you were, also aft. How did you hang your hammock? Do you think it might work on our balcony? I can't tell from looking at pictures where to hang it from.

Just back from the above Eastern Carribean sailing on Freedom, had a fantastic week.

I can see where some people are coming from, things are definitely changing but not nearly enough to make me ditch RC.

I can see that the prices of some things are up. We had the drinks package and never had a problem at any bar with any drink. It was fantastic, the mixoligists in the R bar deserve special mention they were outstanding every single night they made us feel very special and it was quite sad saying goodbye to them.

We had aft corner stateroom room 1400 had it before and it was fantastic again, Amelia our attendant was second to none, she didn't feel quite well a couple of days but you would never know she was smiling every day and again made us feel so welcome and special.

We ate in Sabor and Chops and had fantastic meals in both. Windjammer was consistantly good, breakfast in the MDR was a treat that's our first time doing that and we will def do it again.

We had a small problem in the MDR at my time dining, we voiced this problem and it was rectified immediately, the service after this was exceptional to say the least, I won't go into it because the way RC rectified it speaks volumes and says far more about them than the problem in the first place.

We travelled from Scotland 4 adults 4 kids met some lovely people, Jim and his wife from Canada if your on here and read this, hello it was a pleasure meeting you both and we enjoyed your company.

We had a fantastic holiday weather was great, Royal were great so thank you very much.

P.S. I took one tip from someone on the boards and took a hammock for my balcony ...... best thing ever .... lying in the hammock with a whisky listening to the wake behind the ship or watching the sunset well that's just memories forever.:):):):):)

Had that cabin 3 times on Freedom...best cabin and our favorite ship! Glad you had a great time too

Hi relaxlynn, we took some paracord with us and managed to hang it from the framework on our balcony no problem at all, our friends were in the stateroom next to us and managed to hang theirs as well just takes a bit of inginuity :)