Looking for lost luggage - OASIS 10-3-2015

Lisa77064

I make up a sheet with our names and cell numbers and put this in each piece of luggage in case it is picked up by mistake, it also includes our itinerary in case it doesn't make the ship.

This is a great piece of advice. We do this for all traveling, not just cruising.

My luggage was never found. RCC paid their maximum of $300. Trip insurance paid their maximum of $1500 (fortunately I am a keeper of receipts). This was fairly easy and fast. For the medical claim - Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida first gave me a claim form with the wrong return address. Then it was determined it wasn't even the correct form/department. Finally got the right form, address and department. Had to fax a copy of my RCC final bill proving I had paid $430 out of pocket for medical services on the Oasis. Then.....I was told they don't pay in network for cruise ship claims. Finally got them to deny the claim in May which was originally submitted last October. Once again trip insurance paid in full and quickly. My sister and I are on on our way to Alaska on RCC cruise this week. I'll be the woman with deep purple luggage and lime green straps! P.S. I've had BCBS for 10+ years and never had a problem until this. With 4 major ports in Florida they should have plenty of experience with cruise medical claims. :)

Thanks so much for the update. Glad your nightmare is over.

Last year while traveling with my parents I took too many black bags. I thought one particular bag, without a tag and as nondescript as my parents, was theirs and loaded it in the SUV and we all drove happily from MIA to Orlando. Once home we discovered the extra bag. Called RCI immediately and RCI sent a luggage service to pick it up. This was ordinary negligence on my part as I should have thoroughly checked what I put in my vehicle.. BUt an innocent mistake nonetheless.

Seems the clown who took your bag was either a thief from the moment the bag was taken or the bag was taken by mistake and was later kept because of its contents.

I never ever put any valuables in anything other than a carry on. But I always worry about lost bags when leaving the ship.