Relaxing Beach in Roatan

NCEdwards4

My husband and I just got back from our cruise and Roatan was one of our ports. We went to Coral Cay for the day and had a great time. We paid for the excursion so all beach type things were included...transportation, beach chairs, umbrellas, etc... I would HIGHLY recommend Bug repellent with DEET in it. We had been warned about the sand flees but had forgotten and within an hour we both began to develop small red bumps all over. I got them far worse because I spent more time on the beach vs the water. They itched a little and were gone in 2 days. No big deal, just looked like we had the chicken pox. Not nearly enough to ruin our trip! Coral Cay was beautiful and make sure to visit and shop at Yaba Ding Ding. Its a bit of a walk but well worth it for authentic gifts. We bought had woven pine needle baskets, hand carved wooden jewelry boxes and hand carved stone fish. They had a ton of other great stuff too! I little more money and they don't barter ($25 for the baskets, $10 for the stone fish, $30 for the wood jewelry boxes) but the quality is amazing and so is the originality!

Archived