The new Thomson Cruises website

Have had the same info re. Transfers Not Included earlier this week.

Had booked Mediterranian Medley for next June as a cruise and stay back in september and

received a new updated confirmation which clearly stated "transfers not included".

I gave them a call today and was assured that this is an error and should state,

private transfers not included - to be honest that didnt make much sense, I would expect

it to say "Transfers Included"

They did not appear to be rushing to re-issue with the correct info-hopefully it will

be sorted on final confirmation when payment is due in March.

I have provided the requested feedback to Thomsons Head Office Cruise ( to the person there who specifically asked me to do so ) and hand luggage was one of the areas that was mentioned as it has been highlighted a number of times. The lack of cruise only on the website was also highlighted as was the disappointment to not be able to do more with regards to the choosing of your cabin number on line. There are a number of other lesser issues including the contradictory email saying no transfers included but these were not mentioned as they are not specific to the new website - that issue has been on going for some time.

I have provided the requested feedback to Thomsons Head Office Cruise ( to the person there who specifically asked me to do so ) and hand luggage was one of the areas that was mentioned as it has been highlighted a number of times. The lack of cruise only on the website was also highlighted as was the disappointment to not be able to do more with regards to the choosing of your cabin number on line. There are a number of other lesser issues including the contradictory email saying no transfers included but these were not mentioned as they are not specific to the new website - that issue has been on going for some time.

You have done (and are doing) a grand job on this.

Something not right though when a customer has to advise an outfit of this size how to get its act together.

I can understand your possible frustration with what may be seen as the current obstacles with the website - I am sure Thomson is already fully aware from its own staff of the issues that we have raised having received emails from customers etc but they are merely seeking reactions and feedback to the new site and one would hope that those areas that are either ambiguous or not what its customers would like, will be addressed. There may be reasons why for example the cruise only has been omitted - I would find it a little hard to believe they simply forgot to include it - but to isolate a number of past customers by not including it does not on the face of it appear to be the best way forward. However time will tell if they add it again. I hope so as some from the UK want to book cruise only so they can add a couple of days before they cruise in say Palma before joining the ship. You can of course still do that by contacting your Thomson TA but price watching is not that simple now. However if you live in Spain or the Canaries or anywhere else then this removal is a big disappointment with no simple current solution.

All I have done is summarised points that have been raised here and on Fbk. It is now down to Thomsons if it wishes to amend or alter any of it.

The number of people that have highlighted the key areas of cruise only, hand luggage and to a lesser extent booking a cabin on line however are not insignificant.

I can understand your possible frustration with what may be seen as the current obstacles with the website - I am sure Thomson is already fully aware from its own staff of the issues that we have raised having received emails from customers etc but they are merely seeking reactions and feedback to the new site and one would hope that those areas that are either ambiguous or not what its customers would like, will be addressed. There may be reasons why for example the cruise only has been omitted - I would find it a little hard to believe they simply forgot to include it - but to isolate a number of past customers by not including it does not on the face of it appear to be the best way forward. However time will tell if they add it again. I hope so as some from the UK want to book cruise only so they can add a couple of days before they cruise in say Palma before joining the ship. You can of course still do that by contacting your Thomson TA but price watching is not that simple now. However if you live in Spain or the Canaries or anywhere else then this removal is a big disappointment with no simple current solution.

All I have done is summarised points that have been raised here and on Fbk. It is now down to Thomsons if it wishes to amend or alter any of it.

The number of people that have highlighted the key areas of cruise only, hand luggage and to a lesser extent booking a cabin on line however are not insignificant.

Thanks again for taking the time to do on our behalves, fingers crossed for they will sort these problems out soon

Maybe I'm being too critical of Thomsons, however I would have thought they could have trialed a new website ahead of it going public - feeding all the standard variables into the equation.

Cruise only (for example) should be a basic default setting.

Getting luggage allowances correct is not rocket science either.

That's my Victor Meldrew side coming out !!!

It could be that Thomson are being just a little clever, perhaps a lot of cruiser's have been booking cruise only and using the competition for flights! Just a thought😕

done it plenty times but its not always easy getting cheap enough flights, you often find one way is ok and the other is exorbitant even using differant companies each way, summer is hardest, spring autumn can be very good, no exact science to it though, even done it using the same thomson flights as the package and had good savings, some times you have no choice but go cruise only,typically where a repo and an extra weeks cruise before/after is concerned, the system can not do it as a package and thoms cant even do it manually

i guess? what it boils down to is: thoms is a package holiday company (that happens to have its own airline) and not a cruise line

but?..... i really dont understand why thoms have removed the cruise only option? cruise only is useful for customers who want to arrange their own cheap(er) flights (easyjet is a good airline imo) but its also useful for them.... an easy way to fill up all those unoccupied/unsold cabins that they haven’t got aircraft capacity for

especially on long haul, lots of locals cruise from barbados & jamaica in the winter (only 3 flights to barbados on a sunday & afaik only 4 on a tuesday for dream in jamaica)

surely? they wont want to be sailing with empty cabins because there aren’t enough seats on aircraft to fill up each ship each week

there will be even more empty cabins when the bigger ships (ex spendour & ex mein schiffs) come online?

There appears to be another "glitch" with the new website (unless there's an explanation I haven't thought of)

When pricing up back to back cruise on the Celebration for next summer, the option of 11 August didn't come up, and the date was greyed out on the calendar. However, when I changed the duration to 7 nights, both 11 Aug and 18 Aug itineraries were available. All cabins seemed to be available, too. The same thing happened for Sept 8th, but other dates worked ok for two weeks.

We haven't sorted out when we can go away yet, due to family commitments, but are hoping to book soon. If it turns out August/ Sept are our only options, I might have to try the high street.

Yes Kate52 I have booked our September cruise and could not get the 8th on a btb they could do it at the TA on the phone to Thomson but the costs were plus £200 on the week we booked they could give no explanation, also I am still waiting confirmation of the hand luggage allowance, I think they are in the process of reducing it, they are looking into it for us!! so I will let you know when they contact me😕

On the subject of hand luggage I have just received notification from Thomson that for our 2016 holiday in Feb we defiantly have 7kg and for Sep we also have 7kg as standard on our cruises, they say. I would have copied it but they have put the disclaimer on. So it would appear that our fears are unfounded and as cruise passengers we will continue to receive the 7kg:p it looks like the problem is the same as the note on the confirmation which indicates 'transfers not included':rolleyes:

I will however take a copy of the email with me to the airport just in case we are challenged again:)

Think you have been lucky, in September we were stopped and had to call the Thomson rep but we did get the allowance some others have been refused and if you look at the on line booking site it says 5kg this is one of the points HT has been trying to get clarification on from Thomson😕

Just in case not everyone has not noticed it - there is the option to provide feedback on the Thomson Cruise website on the actual website itself at the top of the first page - you can make constructive comments on there whether that regards issues such as those recently raised on here - the inability to book certain back to back cruises, the 7kg hand luggage issue and lack of cruise only or anything else that is relevant and equally areas of praise. It goes without saying that for Thomsons to consider suggestions etc it will not just be the number of people who query the lack of xyz option etc it will be the constructive reasons that will support the case for the website to be amended from a customers point of view that could be influential.

The Cruise part of the website would be much improved if the cruises were correct.

The Dream itineraries are all over the place. I have e-mailed Thomson regarding this on two occasions and also called them twice.

So to surmise.....absolutely rubbish :confused: