The new Thomson Cruises website

Just in case not everyone has not noticed it - there is the option to provide feedback on the Thomson Cruise website on the actual website itself at the top of the first page - you can make constructive comments on there whether that regards issues such as those recently raised on here - the inability to book certain back to back cruises, the 7kg hand luggage issue and lack of cruise only or anything else that is relevant and equally areas of praise. It goes without saying that for Thomsons to consider suggestions etc it will not just be the number of people who query the lack of xyz option etc it will be the constructive reasons that will support the case for the website to be amended from a customers point of view that could be influential.

Thank you for that, I hadn't noticed a feedback link.

kate

i guess? what it boils down to is: thoms is a package holiday company (that happens to have its own airline) and not a cruise line

but?..... i really dont understand why thoms have removed the cruise only option? cruise only is useful for customers who want to arrange their own cheap(er) flights (easyjet is a good airline imo) but its also useful for them.... an easy way to fill up all those unoccupied/unsold cabins that they haven’t got aircraft capacity for

especially on long haul, lots of locals cruise from barbados & jamaica in the winter (only 3 flights to barbados on a sunday & afaik only 4 on a tuesday for dream in jamaica)

surely? they wont want to be sailing with empty cabins because there aren’t enough seats on aircraft to fill up each ship each week

there will be even more empty cabins when the bigger ships (ex spendour & ex mein schiffs) come online?

There would be less empty cabins on the cruises if Thomson provided more flights from Scotland. Sometimes there are flights available from only one airport, Glasgow, to cover the whole of Scotland. That means demand is high and flights book up quickly, keeping the prices high. We already pay hefty flight supplements as it is. There are no flights from Scotland at all this winter to join the Celebration in the Caribbean. That is why we are going with P & O. Balcony cabins are also cheaper with P & O. Thomson prices for balcony cabins are really ridiculous.

I have been looking at Celebration Transatlantic quest in April. I last checked the price before the new website, but checking it now is not too bad to work through, apart from trying to understand the price breakdown column at the end. The one on the old site was lovely and logical, the new site doesn't seem to have any logic to it at all. All in was £360 for the 18 nights, but is now showing at over £900 so I can forget that one. Will keep an eye on the cruise though. Fancy a transatlantic one way or the other.

This is all i keep getting from the new site.Anyone else.

Thomson Holidays

HOLIDAYSCRUISESFLIGHTSHOTELSDESTINATIONSEXTRAS

We're really sorry, we're having some technical problems.

Yes... Next April's 8 day Iberian adventure on the Majesty has been showing "We're really sorry, we're having some technical problems" on the cruise options link all day... But the Spirit's April Ancient Horizons cruise seems to be bookable.

Maybe they are upgrading the hand baggage from 5 to 7 Kg one cruise at a time. :confused:

Hi stevio where does the the 8 day start on the 25th.

It starts from Las Palmas Gran Canaria

When the Maj is doing its normal Winter Canaries itinerary it picks up & departs customers from more than one point, so this repositioning cruise has more than one start point.... Just seen the Roll call page & posted to you over there.

As for the sites technical problems, I have reported them but I wouldn't hold my breath & their alternative booking number is a 10p per min job.

As for booking another cabin I think there is a normal low cost phone number to ring that will put you through to bookings but I do not know what it is. Hopefully some kind poster will come up with it for you on here.

Good Luck.

As for booking another cabin I think there is a normal low cost phone number to ring that will put you through to bookings but I do not know what it is. Hopefully some kind poster will come up with it for you on here.

Good Luck.

0203 636 1862

Malc.