help pls...Equinox cabin location

horatio123

I haven't stayed under the pool, but I expect you would get some noise from people walking and playing during the day. I would expect this would shut right down in the evening and wouldn't be a problem at the times you are in your room (assuming you are out during the day). If you prefer more quiet it might be worth a longer walk to a room under other rooms, not under the pool area, but you'll have to decide which you prefer, more quiet or a shorter walk. I can't imagine it being that loud though so if you like mid-ship give it a try! You can always bring earplugs just in case.

Looking at Deck 11, cabin 1570..aqua class....why?...seems to be only cabin midship available but appears to be under the pool..is this an issue?

I have requested midship for this my first cruise...nothing available in concierge.

My wife and I stayed in 1570 last year on the Presidents Cruise. It was very quiet. No noise from above or below. We did have a smoker on the balcony next door that they took care of. It's in a really good location. We love AQ for Blu and the Persian Gardens. Book it! You'll love it!

Well that is encouraging...I had posted yet another question beyond the pool one somewhere here that I am sure you can answer....there is a 1500 difference between a regular non concierge balcony room on desk 9 and your room on the Equinox.....it sounds like the upgrade makes a difference?

Well that is encouraging...I had posted yet another question beyond the pool one somewhere here that I am sure you can answer....there is a 1500 difference between a regular non concierge balcony room on desk 9 and your room on the Equinox.....it sounds like the upgrade makes a difference?

We normally book a standard balcony cabin, as they are the exact same size, 194 sq ft, as every other Concierge or Aqua cabin. Except the ones on the angle of the hump have a bigger balcony.

The few so called upgrades are not worth more than a couple hundred $$ to us. Now with and Aqua category cabin to get a different dinning room from the MDR, called BLU.

On our next Equinox sailing we are just down the hall in 1634 on deck 11. But for $1500 less would have glad to move back to deck 8 where we were last year, or deck 9 in 2013.

FYI: on an S-Class ship the cabin location ( aft-mid-forward ) is not as critical as a smaller ship.

Edited by wallie5446

So for you the only benefit of Aqua was the ability to go to Blu? Beyond that, regular outside and Aqua outside pretty equal?

And the extra points in the Capt Club. The cost has to be very very close.

The quality in the MDR is great for us. Too many people on here and friends say BLU is a 50/50 shot as to if you like it or not.

Looking at Deck 11, cabin 1570..aqua class....why?...seems to be only cabin midship available but appears to be under the pool..is this an issue?

I have requested midship for this my first cruise...nothing available in concierge.

If you are a sun lover you may not like this location as there is a substantial overhang from the pool deck, meaning that your balcony will not get that much sun. Just another thing to think about if this is important to you.

It always puzzles me everyone omits to say the main perk of AQ is the Spa access.

For some - such as myself - that's one of the first things I go to when booking a cruise - the Spa class cabin - the restaurant is an added bonus. For example on NCL we will choose a spa class - and on Costa - Samsara (Samsara does have its own dining)

Love the direct access to the spa - first thing in the morning, and late afternoon before getting ready to go out for the evening. We declined on our free upgrade to midship prefer to be in the vicinity of the spa access.

Not everyone chooses AQ just for Blu....