Breakaway Deck 5 Inside Cabins - Pros and Cons

cruiser1836

not sure that's an inside cabin :confused: very nice tho

Yes, that is a Family Oceanview. It looks pretty roomy. I had it booked, but then decided on a MS with Large Balcony. :D

The website states:

Regular inside cabin Deck 5= 161 Sq Ft

Family Ocean View with Large picture window = 218 Sq. Ft.

Family Balcony = 207 Sq. Ft.

Large Balcony 245 Sq. Ft.

I hope this helps :D

I am just wondering if anyone who has stayed in a Deck 5 inside cabin on the Breakaway would be kind enough to share their thoughts on the cabin and its location (pros and cons). Thanks in advance. :)

I was wondering the same! I have an inside booked for the 2 nt CTN. We have cabin #5813. anyone got any info on that one?

Danielle

Never stayed in an inside on the BA, but we did stay on deck 5 in an OV and loved the location. One deck down to disembark in port, and one deck up to 678, the hotspot of the ship. We have stayed in an inside on the Gem/jewel, and it was very doable, but I believe the BA insides are a little smaller. Great location tho.

Safe sailing

We sailed on the Breakaway last year and had an inside cabin on deck 11.

We prefer inside cabins when we cruise. With the Breakaway, the inside cabins are about 129 square feet which gave us a little room to move around.

The cabin had only one closet. It came with bar holding 16 hangars along with four shelves. There were no drawers in the cabin, just a few more cubby holes to use for storage.

We were able to store our luggage under the beds. That is where they stored our life jackets.

The cabin had a small safe for valuables. To lock/unlock the safe, you punched in a code of your choice. One nice feature is that it had a light that would come on when you opened it.

There was a small fridge in the cabin that was filled with an assortment of beers and soft drinks you could purchase. We had the steward empty it so we could use it for our sodas and beers.

The bathroom was fairly large compared to the Jewel class ships. It had a shower with a glass door with dispensers for body wash and shampoo. The shower head was moveable (up and down depending on your height) and could detach to be held by hand.

There was a hair dryer that was located under the desk in the room. But, the cord was not very long.

There were two pairs outlets available to plug in electronics by the desk top (2 for U.S. and 2 for European plugs). We brought our small extension cord to allow multiple devices to be charged at the same time. Remember that if you do not have a keycard or the like in the slot, the power is shut off.

To signal the steward that you either did not want to be disturbed or that they could make up the room, they had switches by the door to turned on small lights above your door in the hallway. (red = DND and Green = make up the room)

The location of our inside cabin (11625) was found midship down an interior corridor from the midship elevator lobby on deck 11. We were four decks from the deck 15 pool/buffet areas and four to five decks from the restaurants and bars. With cabin decks above and below, we thought it was a very quiet area as well.

Edited by CTCruisers

We are scheduled to cruise on Breakaway in May and currently have an inside cabin booked on the 11th floor. We are thinking we may upgrade to a balcony as we just finished a cruise on RCCL Liberty of the Seas and had a balcony and enjoyed having the view. But sounds like the inside won't be bad should we decide to keep. This is going to be only my second cruise so I don't have much to compare, but I'm curious as to the different experience we may have between RCCL and NCL.

Never stayed in an inside on the BA, but we did stay on deck 5 in an OV and loved the location. One deck down to disembark in port, and one deck up to 678, the hotspot of the ship. We have stayed in an inside on the Gem/jewel, and it was very doable, but I believe the BA insides are a little smaller. Great location tho.

Safe sailing

Thank you spidybabe for the helpful information about the location. Just one question...did you find the cabin quiet or noisy, especially at night?

Thanks to everyone else for the helpful information about the inside cabins.

I was wondering the same! I have an inside booked for the 2 nt CTN. We have cabin #5813. anyone got any info on that one?

Danielle

Would love it if you posted some pictures of the cabin upon your return. I'm booked on Escape for the exact same cabin, 5813, next year. Most angles I see posted are of the bed, couch, window. Would love to see the other angles, to the door and the bathroom (suppose to have two sinks and a bath/shower I think.)

Would love it if you posted some pictures of the cabin upon your return. I'm booked on Escape for the exact same cabin, 5813, next year. Most angles I see posted are of the bed, couch, window. Would love to see the other angles, to the door and the bathroom (suppose to have two sinks and a bath/shower I think.)

Sure I can do that.

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you spidybabe for the helpful information about the location. Just one question...did you find the cabin quiet or noisy, especially at night?

Thanks to everyone else for the helpful information about the inside cabins.

Cabin/area was quiet. But we sleep heavily (drinking helps).

Safe sailing