Ocean park or isle verde?

4gomez

We are looking for a nice beach area for in and out of the water. We would also like to have some authentic food and of course beverages on the beach or close by. 2 years ago we were in the general area but I don't know exactly where. All I remember is it was a wide stretch of sand with some hotels and a few little eateries/bars that were beachside. The taxi dropped us off at the end of a short paved beach access. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Isla Verde is a much nicer area than Ocean Park. There is a fabulous beach bar and restaurant called El Alambique on Calle Tartak. There is a vedor that rents chairs right in front. Look up the restaurant on TripAdvisor for photos and reviews.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Isla Verde is a much nicer area than Ocean Park. There is a fabulous beach bar and restaurant called El Alambique on Calle Tartak. There is a vedor that rents chairs right in front. Look up the restaurant on TripAdvisor for photos and reviews.

Thank you for sharing this information. We will be staying at the Verdanza on Tartak and were looking for a good recommendation to dine nearby. It looks perfect.

Thank you for sharing this information. We will be staying at the Verdanza on Tartak and were looking for a good recommendation to dine nearby. It looks perfect.

At the end of Calle Tartak where it meets with Avenida Isla Verde, there's a small plaza. In that plaza is a little diner-type restaurant that has very affordable food. We almost always go there for breakfast when we stay in that area. Also on Ave. Isla Verde a few blocks down towards the airport (just past the Hampton Inn and a cock-fighting arena (no joke!) is Metropol. Delicious, although a bit higher on the price scale.

I have been to both of these places. They are both very good recommendations. I became very familiar with the area when I rented an Isla Verde condo with my family this past January. I hope everyone has a great trip! I will be staying at the Intercontinental in February for one night before my cruise.

At the end of Calle Tartak where it meets with Avenida Isla Verde, there's a small plaza. In that plaza is a little diner-type restaurant that has very affordable food. We almost always go there for breakfast when we stay in that area. Also on Ave. Isla Verde a few blocks down towards the airport (just past the Hampton Inn and a cock-fighting arena (no joke!) is Metropol. Delicious, although a bit higher on the price scale.

How far is El Ambique from the cruise terminal? Is it easy to get a cab there and back to the port? TIA

It is about a 15-20 minute cab ride and probably at least $20-30 to get there. It is definitely easy to find a cab since there are loads of hotels all through the area. The cabs wait outside of hotels for customers.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've read many reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor and they all look great. We are staying at the Verdanza in Isla Verde in March. We have always stayed in Condado, but decided to try Isle Verde this time.

Now the hard part is waiting until March. :D

Thanks for the update. We actually ate there for breakfast a few years back. You are right, good food at good prices. We may try Metropol too seeing we trust your advice already.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've read many reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor and they all look great. We are staying at the Verdanza in Isla Verde in March. We have always stayed in Condado, but decided to try Isle Verde this time.

Now the hard part is waiting until March. :D

We too are staying at the Verdanza in March (18-19th). Make sure you try there coffee from the shop in the lobby area. Great start to the morning. Is it March yet?