Some Adult Only Cruises on NCL

Rebels82

I have a little kid and would love an adult only cruise. Our first cruise was last year and we picked the GA over oasis because Royal was running a KSF promo so I booked NCL. Of course as soon as I booked it NCL did the same. It ended up being fine because we had the Vibe and stayed away from the pool area all together. It was November so it seemed like more babies then kids anyway.

I have to young kids. But I know exactly what the OP is saying. Like others have said, typically just the longer the cruise, the less kids on the ship.

But, on all my cruises. I can honestly say I have see more unruly drunk adults. Screwing around, pressing elevator buttons and causing general mischief. Yelling in the halls late at nite, slamming doors and just acting like A-holes. Then any child I've come across on cruises.

I started this thread (question) to see how much interest there would be in an adult only cruise just a very few times/year. I am Platinum on NCL so I love the line....I have heard people say they would love an adult only week so I was just seeing what people thought.

I guess the answers you want are not going to happen;)

I have to agree that sometimes kids aren't always the issue. We took our children, ages 15 and 11, on a cruise a few weeks ago. Not many other kids either. The problem seemed to be a lot of drunk, loud, obnoxious adults.

Well if there is any place in the world to get drunk it is definitely a Cruise lol

Kids on cruises are hardly the problem. It is often the parents who do not discipline their precious "little darlings" when need be!

Be careful I once used the little darlings in quotation before and it pissed a lot of parents off lol

I would book an adults only cruise in a heartbeat! We normally cruise in November. This last year I ended up taking an additional cruise with my sister the end of March. That was a huge mistake! Never again will we cruise during spring break. The drunk kids, the noise, the overall general feel of the cruise was completely different then I had ever experienced. I felt so bad for the crew and how hard they worked and all of the mess that they had to clean up everyday. They claimed they were used to it but my heart still hurt watching them deal with it all.

My husband and I do prefer an adults only vacation and will choose land vacations based upon that as well.

So all of that being said, we have a cruise planned in November and we will be bringing our 3 adult boys. They are no longer kids so counting on the behavior being good. You better believe if its not we will be stepping in :-) they may be adults but they're still our boys and we won't put up with them affecting other people's vacation negatively.

I would book an adults only cruise in a heartbeat! We normally cruise in November. This last year I ended up taking an additional cruise with my sister the end of March. That was a huge mistake! Never again will we cruise during spring break. The drunk kids, the noise, the overall general feel of the cruise was completely different then I had ever experienced. I felt so bad for the crew and how hard they worked and all of the mess that they had to clean up everyday. They claimed they were used to it but my heart still hurt watching them deal with it all.

My husband and I do prefer an adults only vacation and will choose land vacations based upon that as well.

So all of that being said, we have a cruise planned in November and we will be bringing our 3 adult boys. They are no longer kids so counting on the behavior being good. You better believe if its not we will be stepping in :-) they may be adults but they're still our boys and we won't put up with them affecting other people's vacation negatively.

You do realize that those drunk kids are adults, right? They would be eligible for an adult only cruise.

I always find way more unruly adults than children or teenagers. I think an adults only cruise would only give the partiers greater license to be obnoxious.

I find kids are only a problem during school holiday times.. Then I agree they can be a pain; there's too many and some parents seem to think its an excuse to leave them to do what they want as long as they don't bother them!

Simple solution use google and find out when to go and avoid school holiday times.

I'm sure you can find an adult only cruise on NCL, or just about any other major cruise lines...... they are called full ship charters.

On those cruises you just trade the antics of a few out of control kids, with groups of obnoxious, out of control adults (on alcohol, and who knows what else).

My kids went on their first NCL cruise in 1999 at the ages of 7 and 8. They are both platinum latitudes now and cruise without Mom and Dad. They cruise with friends. So not sure it's in NCL's best interest to not encourage families.

One of my favorite ships is the Disney Fantasy with the very large adult only areas.

My "cruizinwithkids" screen name is no longer true.

You do realize that those drunk kids are adults, right? They would be eligible for an adult only cruise.

I always find way more unruly adults than children or teenagers. I think an adults only cruise would only give the partiers greater license to be obnoxious.

What's wrong with partying on a cruise?

I'm sure you can find an adult only cruise on NCL, or just about any other major cruise lines...... they are called full ship charters.

On those cruises you just trade the antics of a few out of control kids, with groups of obnoxious, out of control adults (on alcohol, and who knows what else).

Both of you please never cruise on the same ship i do. Y'all don't seem like fun.