Furthest free shuttle to Galveston and Houston port

VegasMark

Hello - I'm looking to cruise out of either Houston or Galveston (TBD) in December. Hotels in Galveston tend to be pricey, but we will probably go there regardless of which port we go to just to hang out a bit. We plan to rent a car from Hobby and then, in order to save a few bucks, we plan to spend the night somewhere outside of Galveston. I'm just wondering if anyone has had luck with hotels outside of the Galveston area that offer a free shuttle to the port. I'm a little crazy, but I'm considering returning the rental and running back to whatever hotel we stay at, assuming it is within 15 miles (somewhere like Webster). I know I know... it isn't a great place to run, but it will do... I've done crazier. Then, I'd get ready to go and hopefully jump in a shuttle. I figure there are hotels in that area that would offer that service just to steal a few customers from Galveston.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - I'm looking to cruise out of either Houston or Galveston (TBD) in December. Hotels in Galveston tend to be pricey, but we will probably go there regardless of which port we go to just to hang out a bit. We plan to rent a car from Hobby and then, in order to save a few bucks, we plan to spend the night somewhere outside of Galveston. I'm just wondering if anyone has had luck with hotels outside of the Galveston area that offer a free shuttle to the port. I'm a little crazy, but I'm considering returning the rental and running back to whatever hotel we stay at, assuming it is within 15 miles (somewhere like Webster). I know I know... it isn't a great place to run, but it will do... I've done crazier. Then, I'd get ready to go and hopefully jump in a shuttle. I figure there are hotels in that area that would offer that service just to steal a few customers from Galveston.

Thanks!

returning a car in Galv. is almost impossible. Fly into Hobby, (go to galvestonexpress.com for shuttle info) cruise from Galv. Anything else is way too much hassle both before & after. Quality Inn on seawall Blvd. is nice. you can run on the beach & it's near a Kroger.