Carnival vista cabana privacy

Whiteowl

I am looking at booking one of the cabanas but my wife is worried about privacy on the lanai in front. Does any one know if access to the lanai outside the cabanas will be restricted to Havana club members only during the day. I rang Carnival and was told it was open access all the time, so I am not sure what to think.

I am looking at booking one of the cabanas but my wife is worried about privacy on the lanai in front. Does any one know if access to the lanai outside the cabanas will be restricted to Havana club members only during the day. I rang Carnival and was told it was open access all the time, so I am not sure what to think.

Havana Cabana pool deck area is restricted until 5 or 6pm to only those in Havana Cabana rooms.

The Havana cabins on the Lanai deck 5 look extremely close to the Ocean Plaza outside smoking section on the port side, aft.

Look at the Vista Deck plans concerning the Ocean Plaza to the Havana cabins, starting with cabin 5202. Too close for comfort.

:confused:

Edited by ObstructedView2

The Havana cabins on the Lanai deck 5 look extremely close to the Ocean Plaza outside smoking section on the port side, aft.

Look at the Vista Deck plans concerning the Ocean Plaza to the Havana cabins, starting with cabin 5202. Too close for comfort.

:confused:

There is no smoking on the Lanai on the Vista.

Well if it is open access all the time there will be some very unhappy cruisers. It's very frustrating when you call Carnival and get false information! We are a little worried about privacy but are counting on the fact it would be a small number of people most of the day. Thinking of it more as dedicated deck space than a balcony.

The Havana area is exclusive to Havana stateroom guests until 5:00 pm. We have a Havana cabana booked for the Repo cruise. Through the roll call, we already know (and like) our neighbours. If privacy is important, this may not be a good fit for some.

I agree with soccersharon. If you desire privacy on your lanai, don't book one. There will most likely be people strolling past your cabin, whether its open to the public so to speak, or only those in a cabana, people will have the opportunity to wander past. If that isn't for you, book a regular balcony.

If you enjoy people watching or striking up conversations with random cruise passengers, this might be a perfect fit. We are looking forward to hanging out on the lanai and saying hello to passers-by.

From what I have been told and read, the deck in front of all the cabanas will only be for those booked in Havana cabins on deck 5 and decks 6 & 7.

General public will be able to walk the promenade deck back to the Lani area then there will be some sort of a barrier/gate/entryway that only those booked in the cabanas will be able to access.

Now, that being said, this is a new build and things are evolving all the time especially since this is a totally new concept for a Carnival ship. What I wrote above is definitely subject to change.

I for one am not worried about privacy because I am not planning on doing anything outside that people couldn't see :) and I am sure that the curtains will be made specifically for these cabins so that evening strollers will not be able to see in.

As for the smoking or nonsmoking on one side of the Lani, that also could change.

Edited by lives to cruise

With all the eating venues on the Lanai, I would be surprised to see any smoking areas there. That said, if one area would be more open to smoking, it would be outside the Red Frog Pub. I guess we'll wait and see. I believe the few outdoor smoking areas will be very crowded, given the number of pax the ship holds.

Edited by soccersharon