Hive Mind - Opine Please: Suite GTY vs. Sky Suite

AlexDouglass

We're thinking about a relatively last-minute trip next month on Reflection and have found good fares for both a Suite Guaranty and a nice Sky Suite. There's about a $200 difference between the two, and I'm wondering if we're better off knowing exactly where we'll sleep or saving that little bit of cash. I know we'll have one expense in hand already that we haven't previously, as we're both spa addicts and will miss the unlimited access provided by Aqua (sold out).

Thoughts? Many thanks!

We love the S1 aft on the corner with the larger balcony and port hole window. To us, that's worth paying extra money for. The extra window can either be an extra shelf or window seat, plus makes it feel a bit larger and the larger balcony is great for eating on and being able to relax on. To us, that's worth paying extra for (and is worth the longer walk to the aft of the ship).

If that's not an option and you want a suite, I'd get the guarantee. We also love the aft in general, because you get to look out at the wake and get a 180 view. If you don't have a strong preference for a location like that, or if there aren't any available for your preference, then I'd just go with the guarantee. Then you can take the money saved and buy a Persian Gardens pass.

For only $200 we'd get what we want, particularly if it's an S1 corner aft. Those are our favorites. Not one negative I can say about them.

For $200 you might get an S2 which is fine, but if it's accessible you will have water from the roll-in shower that needs to be dealt with. Certainly not a huge issue but I'd go for the S1 if it's available.

Because there are so many suites on Reflection (all the extra Aqua Class Suies) you'll probably end up in an S1 that isn't aft, or maybe an S2, but I would look and see what is left and then decide.

Remember, if you book a GTY and you get a cabin you don't like you can _usually_ switch to a different cabin in the same category. I watched open cabins carefully and did that.

You might also end up in a much nicer cabin.

Personally, I'd do the guarantee and be prepared to see what was open / switch.

You also may be able to take the savings and buy spa passes or just use the spa as you're in a suite anyway?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We will be sailing next month in cabin #1688, S1 corner aft. Refletion

Only 1 person (Wine-O) gave it a bad review. He said the window washng equipment blocked the views.

No one else said that was and issue, so we kept the room. I'll give a review of the cabin when I return.