2 HAL Ships in San Diego Today (9/28)!

Bill S

Guest Celestia
A year ago I was aboard the Zaandam, getting ready to depart from San Diego heading to Panama. (sigh) ... a whole year ago.

And the Statendam was departing that day.

Yes....with me on it, to Circle Hawaii.

A whole year ago. I hadn't realized it was a full year until just now. Sigh.

FW&FS,

Celestia (who rather wishes she'd known Rev.Neal was in SD that day also so as to have met him!)

Yes....with me on it, to Circle Hawaii.

A whole year ago. I hadn't realized it was a full year until just now. Sigh.

FW&FS,

Celestia (who rather wishes she'd known Rev.Neal was in SD that day also so as to have met him!)

That would have been great.

If you'd like to see photos of the Statendam leaving that evening, take a look at the photos here:

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/panamacanal/PhotoAlbum25.html

If you would like to see a few more photos of the Statendam in port that day, I'll be happy to sort through them and send them to you. Let me know. I've got a bunch more of Statendam backing out and departing.

Guest Celestia
That would have been great.

If you'd like to see photos of the Statendam leaving that evening, take a look at the photos here:

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/panamacanal/PhotoAlbum25.html

If you would like to see a few more photos of the Statendam in port that day, I'll be happy to sort through them and send them to you. Let me know. I've got a bunch more of Statendam backing out and departing.

AWWWWW! You made my day! I'm sure I'm in that Lifeboat drill photo, that's our side of the ship :) Such wonderful memories that brings back.

I would *love*more photos, when you have time to look through them. We have exactly *no* photos of this trip, because the camera bag got left on the tender in Lahaina. There was some trouble with the engine, and the boat filled with smoke and fumes as we crossed to the port, and everyone wanted off in a *big* hurry....I'm not comfortable tendering at the best of times, and as one person had already gotten 'seasick' from the diesel fumes, I got right off, as did my traveling companion. Neither of us picked up the camera bag, and it never turned up, even though the front desk folks checked into it for us. They were 'disposable' cameras so not a great financial loss fortunately.

Rev. Neal you are the best!

FW&FS,

Celestia

I would *love*more photos, when you have time to look through them.

I will look through them from that day and post them here on this thread. Check back in a couple of days.

If you would like to see photos from my cruise to Hawaii in 2002 (perhaps I photographed some things that you saw and would like to use my pictures for memory purposes) ... check here:

http://www.revneal.org/hawaiicruise/hawaii.html

If you'd like higher quality copies of any of those photos, let me know and I can e-mail 'em to you. Happy to do so.

Archived