Triple balcony room- midship -EPIC

hlsess

I stayed in a balcony on Epic with 3 adults and thought it was fine. The balcony helps with space because you can go outside and enjoy the view when it is congested inside. We asked the cabin attendant for a third chair for the balcony and thought there was plenty of room for all of us outside.

We did have spa passes and supplemented some of our shower times withe the showers at the spa. I slept on the sofa bed and thought it was comfortable enough. The sofa is has a round edge to it when it is up, but it was a normal twin when pulled out from the wall. It was pretty tight walking space when the bed was folded down, but they pulled it back up during the day.

Storage wasn't a problem for us, Suitcases under bed, lots of shelves tuck to tuck stuff in.

It is pretty close quarters for three adults, but as long as you know that going in, and you know yourselves and each other well enough to go for it, you should be fine. Thousands of people do this every week, and they only very occasionally wind up throwing one of the three off the balcony mid-cruise. :p

(As just mentioned) if you are at all interested in the spa, that would be a good way to get access to extra showers and grooming space. Also take note of where the nearest public bathrooms are…

If you are not absolutely set on a balcony, it might be around the same price to get two insides for the three of you. I think at the moment they are offering free UBP for insides, so that could sweeten the deal for you (since only two of you would get the UBP if all 3 stay booked in one balcony).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

THANKS what is UBP?
Ultimate beverage package (basically unlimited alcoholic drinks throughout your cruise, normally costs $64 per person per day, so it's a great offer if you are planning on drinking). It is one of the perks offered under the Freestyle Choice booking promotion. Your TA should have told you about this… Are you booking in the US or in another country?

Hmm… does your TA do a lot of NCL bookings? They are supposed to be finding the deals for you, not the other way around!

You need to be a particularly cautious with your choice of TA if you're booking for December, because last minute cruises have to be paid in full right away, and it can be difficult, or costly, or impossible to make certain kinds of changes if you discover afterwards that you should have booked something differently.

If you tell us which saildate you are looking at, the people here may be able to offer you some more specific advice.

OK so I think you mean 12/19/2015, not the 18th. 9-day Canary Islands & Morocco, round trip Barcelona.

Forget what I said about getting two insides for the 3 of you, because that would cost you around $4000 (they are currently selling for about $900 per person, and a single occupant pays double :eek:). So I would stick with the balcony for three.

You can get a balcony for 3 people for about $1200 (× 2, for the first two passengers) + $0 (3rd passenger free) + $270 (taxes for 3) = $2670. (How does that compare to your TAs quote? Hopefully they are able to offer you a cheaper fare, but find out exactly which balcony category they are selling you.)

If you choose the UBP booking perk, you have to pay $100 in service charges for each of passengers 1 and 2. Passenger 3 does not receive the drinks package for free, but you can purchase it separately (9 days × $64 + 18% service charge = $680).

that's a good idea but the problem is we need 2 UBP and son is only 20 so he will be booked with me and my daughter(23) will be booked in studio b/c of his age..then they will switch rooms... or we may just do a suite.... too many decisions.... and you can't get a UBP in an inside or studio

Edited by hlsess

and you can't get a UBP in an inside or studio
You can get UBP for all stateroom categories at the moment with the promo code CHOB, so you can book yourself or your daughter into a studio (current price $1879) and the other two into a balcony. That way you will all get the UBP (but your son will be downgraded to soda package, unfortunately :(). I assumed the studios were sold out on this cruise, but they are still allowing guarantee bookings.

They might also let you book your son in the studio (technically this is against the rules since someone in the cabin has to be over 21, but they have ways of getting around this) in which case he can choose one of the other perks offered at the moment: 250 minutes wifi, specialty dining package, shorex credit, etc.

thanks- that's what I was thinking -do one of the cheaper rooms for him and we will stay in balcony- I called and she said people switch rooms all the time- just trying to find the least expensive rooms- someone mentioned the Haven but I can't justify spending that much more money when I doubt we will be in the room much