Balcony on back of Mariner

MJN

Hi,

We are considering booking an 7th deck e-1 balcony cabin on the back of Mariner of the Seas. Would love to hear from anyone who has had such a cabin. Is there much movement of the ship felt here? How about wind as the ship moves, is there more than on the sides or less? This would be our first balcony cabin and want it to be a good experience. In the past we have had inside and Atrium. Thanks.........

We will be cruising on the Mariner this weekend....on the 7th deck aft. (I'll let you know how it is when I get back!) We've always cruised in an aft corner cabin and can't imagine cruising any other way! The views from the back of the ship are amazing and the aft balconies are usually larger. I didn't notice any excessive movement, but don't have anything to compare it to. Last year we were on the 9th deck of the Mariner aft ...here are some pics if you want to check them out:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kristineth

It depends which cabin you are looking at. the end cabins are great. We were in cabin 7388 and it was wonderful. The balcony was larger then the room, but the veiw out the back was broken up by steel beams. The center cabins had much smaller balconys and their view were marginal. There is little wind but I would not book any of the afts other then the corner cabins on deck 7, 8, 9, or 10. The balconies on deck 6 are all bad. You do get alot of noise and light from the crew deck on deck 5. There are anoucements at all hours of the day and the lights are on down there all night long.

Hi,' Thanks for the replies. We are currently booked for 9540 because we think we may have just missed out on 7690 unless our travel agent put a hold on it for us. We caught them just before closing so we are not sure. We are really hoping for the aft cabin and thank you for the pictures, they were very helpful. 9540 is an e-1 cabin also so the interior pictures helped a lot. We are excited................thanks, MJN

My first balcony was 7690 on Voyager. We loved it. Yes, there were some obstructions to the view, but we could still see the water. We were able to comfortably have two loungers, two chairs, and a small table out on the balcony. The balconies on the sides aren't big enough to hold a lounger, so you only get the chairs. One reason we liked 7690 was because of the shade. Nobody could see us unless we stood at the rail so we could take a nap out on the balcony in privacy. Also, because they are at the end of the hall, the aft balconies are really quiet. To me there wasn't any more motion or vibration aft than anywhere else in the ship. The slight vibration we did feel helped lull us to sleep at night.

Thanks for the great replies to my question. We are very happy to hear you loved that cabin. We are now deffinitly booked into # 7690, it turned out the travel agent did put a hold on it so it is ours now. I did notice in the pictures we saw that a lounge chair was in it and was surprised to see it, that is awesome to have a lounge chair on a balcony. Was also happy that you didn't feel too much motion in that cabin, just enough to be lulled to sleep. We are so excited, our first balcony cabin is an aft cabin!! couldn't be better! My husband was reluctant at first but the more he thought about being able to see views towards both sides of the ship the more he liked it. I will be very interested to see how you like it when you get back Kristineth. Thanks,

We had an aft balcony of deck 7 of the Mariner 2 years ago and fell in love with it!

The "obstruction" actually mad me feel safe as the actual balcony was set in a little.

The aft balconies were much larger and we really enjoyed sitting our there in our robes!

Happy cruise!:cool:

Archived