Change of port Cuban fusion

Hi we are due to go on 09/02/16 we have now been informed by Thomson that we will not be going to Playa Del Carmen because of winds last year so they have decided that it might happen again this year better than the BBc for weather reports.Rang Thomson to ask where they get the information from but they said its says we can change the ports great customer service .Even the letter they sent had the wrong phone number

yes we missed playa del carmen last year, its a tender port, the weather is notorious in that area... it can change in seconds

we sailed over the water to cozumel instead

the weather changed so quickly that some passengers who had already tendered ashore earlier were left stranded on the beaches :eek: and were brought over to cozumel on the mexcoast ferry (after they had witnessed the sight of their ship disappearing over the horizon)

i'm guessing that thoms probably dont want to take any chances with pdc again this year

they'll probably substitute it for cozumel (its a much more reliable port for docking) tbh its only 20 minutes on the fast ferry from cozumel to pdc, thoms will still put on the chichen itza tours etc from cozumel they will just put their pax on the mexcoast ferry (pax would have had to tender into pdc anyway)

its quite a year for changing ports tho this year isnt it? (especially on dream) i guess its better to inform people before they go than to make sudden changes at the last minute (as we had last year, san blas/pdc/costa maya/falmouth) … I expect they had a landslide of complaints about that

When we last went we had cozumel and p.d.c. that was why I wondered. The itinerary has probably been change now so they can change if needed.

we had pdc & cozumel on our itinerary which turned into cozumel & cozumel (there was quite a bit of grumbling onboard about that) to be fair there is plenty to do in cozumel its very much similar to playa del carmen (same shops same senor frogs same taco bars etc) and its easy to get the fast ferry over to pdc the ferry dock is footsteps from the cruise dock