Carnival Spirit or RCL Explorer of the Seas

We have travelled with Carnival Spirit and Voyager (sister ship to the Explorer).

My 8 yo liked the Carnival Spirit and my 11 yo liked the Voyager.

Both are great for families, being younger kids, they might enjoy the water slides more on Carnival, rather than the rock climbing and ice skating on Explorer.

A good choice to have!:)

Can't comment on RCI but the Carnival toddler water park is SOOO good for littlies. You can sit on the edge with your feet in the water and watch them paddle and slide on the little toddler slide. Made for some very relaxing afternoons for parents. Your older ones will like the big slides although even my bigger kids liked the little water park. My 8 and 5 year olds loved the family comedy. I thought they wouldn't get it but they were rolling in the aisles.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not been on Explorer, but have been on Radiance twice and once on Carnival Spirit.

I have 3 kids that were with me. They are now 14, 12 and 9 but these cruises took place over the last 3 years.

While the Carnival Spirit is a beautiful ship, I am now going back to RCI, and will be cruising on Explorer over New Years.

I have actually made a decision that if I could only cruise Carnival again, then I will rather book a land based holiday.

Don't get me wrong, the cruise was great, the ship was great etc, but compared to RCI, it was a 3 star compared to a 5 star. But thats just my opinion.