Snuba-Who can we book with?

lindslea

I am forwarding this e mail along to you since I had the same question...we will be going from the park because I want a beach entry for my family rather than a boat entry.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for finding us on the web and for your inquiry!! We offer 3 SNUBA options. One is SNUBA from shore and it is offered all day from 9a-4p at Chankaab Park. We also have 2 boat SNUBA/Snorkle options. One is from the downtown area on the Maria del Mar with departures an 11am departure and the other is from the Zorro Catamaran which departs from a Southern beach location at 9am and 2p. Both trips last about 3 1/2 hours from beginning to end with approximately 30 minutes on each reef. If you choose the SNUBA option- you will be able to SNUBA on 2 of the reefs and snorkel on 1. You choose which you would like to SNUBA and snorkel at once you are on board.

The Zorro offers SNUBA at either Palancar or Columbia reef although I'm not sure the exact time it takes to get their by boat, it is included as a stop on the trip. All the areas of the reefs that are visited are shallow and suitable for snorkeling.

You can go to our master list of activities at www.cozumelinsider.com/activities to see pictures and descriptions of all the trips. Or if you are interested in the Zorro the direct link is http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Mpzorro?From=Activities

Let me know if you have and other questions and I will be happy to help!

Jacqueline

www.cozumelinsider.com

OOOPS...upon re-reading this after I posted, I realized I was confusing 2 ports. We are doing SNUBA in Cozumel. We want to go to stingray city in GC so no time for SNUBA for us. I do think I found a place there, though. I will go thru my info...

Michelle-you are supposed to also tell me that they loved it!!!!But if you see my edited post, I shared information about Cozumel instead of GC.

Sparky - my friend's 14 year old son said that was the best day of his whole life!

Also, Sparky, we did the Buccaneer in GC and LOVED IT!

Michelle...I know we are kinda sorta on the wrong thread, but I was thinking of the Buccaneer and was doing a search on CC just last night. I am so glad to hear you used them. I just felt that a catamaran would be a little better than a power boat in the fact that if my DD and i get a bit queezy we won't have to smell gas fumes too. Were there many people on the boat? Tell me what you remember.:)

Ahhh...Michelle-we are both going back and forth between the two ports of call. I read you review-thank you. we will book with them too.

Any chance you went horseback riding in Ocho Rios?

Sparky, I don't remember how many people we aboard the Buccaneer, but I don't think there were more than about 25. Also, they took a great video. We bought the DVD. It came about 1 week after we returned home.

About the horseback riding: We were in Jamaica on our first cruise and did Dunns River excursion. Sorry I can't help! Sounds like a great excursion, though.

Archived