Booking While On Board Question..

surfjock27

We cruise the Breeze on December 5th and plan to book a cruise while on board for next Fall because I heard there are some perks.

Anyone with experience?

What are the perks? Where do I book? How much do you have to put down? Full deposit?

I was also told to not have my friends book who are going with us next fall because I can get them some perks as well. True?

Thanks in advance. :)

When you book on board Carnival gives you an on board credit (OBC varies based on the length of the cruise). In addition, they also give you two certificates for friends or family that book the same cruise after your booking date. The certificates are valid for 60 days after your original booking date. Hope this helps :o

You will get OBC as follows, determined by how long the new cruise you are booking is:

3,4,5 day = $50

6 day = $75

7-11 day = $100

12+ day = $200

You will need to pay the standard per person deposit as if you were booking it online or with a TA. If you try to book a "solo" rate, you will need to pay DOUBLE deposit. If Carnival happens to be having a "deposit sale" when you book, you can take advantage of any sale they are having on deposits. You will get booked into the online fare for that day.

You can charge the deposit to your sail and sign card or charge to a different credit card (you must have actual card with you) or you can use Carnival gift cards to pay for the deposit.

If you think you might CHANGE the cruise or any peoples names in your booking, have them use the PAST GUEST rate...as that rate has no penalty for changes or cancellations. If you use the Easy Saver rate and change anything there's a $50 change fee, even to just change a name.

If you just want to have a booking to get the OBC ... have then book a 3 day as far out as possible under Past Guest Rate ... then you will pay the smallest deposit ... and when you decide what "real" cruise you want nce you get home, you can cancel with no penalty and change to the real cruise (and early saver, if avail) and if the number of days goes up, your OBC will raise accordingly. The only downside to this is that you will NOT be able to use those friends/family cruise certs as they will only be valid for the exact (dummy) cruise you booked while onboard.

Hope this helps!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

We cruise the Breeze on December 5th and plan to book a cruise while on board for next Fall because I heard there are some perks.

Anyone with experience?

We've booked five cruises on board other cruises so far, so I guess I qualify as having experience. :D

What are the perks? Where do I book? How much do you have to put down? Full deposit?

Booking on board gets the following on board credit for that booked cruise:

$50 - 3 to 5 days cruises, $75 - 6 day cruises, $100 - 7 to 12 day cruises, and $200 - 13+ day cruises.

You'll book the cruise at the Future Cruise Desk. Not sure where on Breeze it's located.

Yes, you need to pay the full deposit. You can either use the credit card on file, a different credit card, or a Carnival gift card.

I was also told to not have my friends book who are going with us next fall because I can get them some perks as well. True?

True.

You will receive two Friends and Family vouchers. Give one to your friends upon your return. They have 60 days to book the same cruise and send in the voucher. Then they'll receive the same amount of obc as you.

Thanks in advance. :)

You are most welcome.

Make sure you check website for cruise price before you book. They have been known to charge a higher price.

We decide what we want beforehand. Onboard we check a few minutes before we go to the future desk. Carnival.com is free to use onboard.

One time we decided to book and they quoted us a rate about $ 75 over the website. Asked them to look there and they refused.

I always print out the prices at the fun hub computer and take them with me to the future cruise desk so there is no question about the pricing. Never had a problem because I make it clear I want this particular rate and exact room or it's a no go. We have been lucky with the sales rep. working the desk on our cruises, he was very knowledgable and knew what he was doing.

I have booked onboard 3 times. All 3 the price has been the same as the website before I left so no problem there. You get OBC depending on length of cruise and also 2 vouchers to give to friends. They must be sent in within 60 days of your booking date though, so don't let them expire. One time they were having a 50 deposit sale, so I only had to put down 100 dollars, that was nice.