DIsney Magic Fireworks/Photo package

monicasp8

Can you watch the fireworks from the balcony on the Disney Cruise? We got a balcony room thinking we could but I have read somewhere where they don't allow you to do that? Also the picture package is it worth buying the package do they take a lot of pics?

I think that all the ships shoot the fireworks off the starboard side of the ship. If your cabin is on the starboard side, you'll be able to see the fireworks from your balcony. The viewing angle might not be perfect (i.e., you might need to look up and back in a weird way), but you can see them. The fireworks are shot from an aft deck, and they don't launch very far off the ship.

I can't comment on the picture package.

Edited by chemistrynerd
left out information

On the Magic, we received a notice stating to not watch the fireworks from the balcony and not to have any personal items on the balcony due to fire risk. All ships shoot the fireworks from starboard aft.

How many photos you get depends on how many photo lines you stand in and how many people are in your cabin. As 2 adults who have been on DCL many times, we don't do it. With kids on a first time cruise it can be a great value. We saw one family with teens who were trying to break the record for number of photos on a 7 night cruise. Their CD had over 400 pictures on it! But all they did was run around and have photos taken.

How would they know you were watching them from the balcony though? That don't make sense I don't see how its any different than watching it from the very top

I'm not saying it makes a difference. I'm saying that we got a "safety" letter.

I do know that your view of the sky may be obstructed by your balcony walls/top/etc. You MAY have a better view from the open decks.

The one time we had a balcony cabin, our cabin steward recommended that we watch the fireworks from the balcony. Personally, I can't stand the pirate party, so I was thrilled to have an alternative. Our view of the fireworks was not perfect. It likely depends on where your cabin is.

The view from the deck is better. Just make sure you have an unobstructed view of the starboard side of the ship (not on the port side next to a stack!). Ask your cabin steward what the view is like from your balcony, and you'll probably have enough information to make a good decision.

If you think you'll like the deck party, go early. Otherwise, you can get up there shortly before the fireworks go off. Just give yourself enough time to get on deck, find your bearings for the best view, and get to your prime spot.