Gatwick coach transfer shambles

kingo30

Waiting at Gatwick for the coach to britannia:mad: and I have to say it's an absolute shambles, no organisation at all and no guidance. We have been here since 10.30am and have only just found out you need a coloured sticker queuing everywhere to try and get one and then when you get to the rep they walk off saying back in a minute and then never do. I hope they run a cruise ship better than this rubbish. Fuming ain't the word!!!

Edited by kingo30

Oh dear ! This is what I feared may happen with our transfer next Friday from Manchester Airport. We are given no information about what happens when we arrive there. All I know is the coaches set off about an hour and a half later now.

Hope everything is sorted out and you are soon on your way.

Sue x

Oh dear ! This is what I feared may happen with our transfer next Friday from Manchester Airport. We are given no information about what happens when we arrive there. All I know is the coaches set off about an hour and a half later now.

Hope everything is sorted out and you are soon on your way.

Sue x

All I would say is hopefully it would be better organised than gatwick! We are on the coach as I type but make sure you ask what system they are using because this sticker lark with reps just walking around hundreds of people without even mentioning you need one just don't work!!!!

Edited by kingo30

All I would say is hopefully it would be better organised than gatwick! We are on the coach as I type but make sure you ask what system they are using because this sticker lark with reps just walking around hundreds of people without even mentioning you need one just don't work!!!!

Thanks but I do believe they use this sticker system at all the airport pickups 😟

Just out of interest what time coach were you on and how late did it leave ?

Thanks but I do believe they use this sticker system at all the airport pickups 😟

Just out of interest what time coach were you on and how late did it leave ?

Left about 1345ish was told 1300hrs in the cruise personaliser, still a few hundred people waiting when we left.

Left about 1345ish was told 1300hrs in the cruise personaliser, still a few hundred people waiting when we left.

Oh thats not good would have thought they would want to leave on time.

Glad you are on your way now, hopefully you will soon be there.

Have a good cruise !

Sue x

• 3 weeks later...

Fully agree, the Gatwick arrangement was a complete shambles - exactly the word we used in our end of cruise comments. We were told 1200 noon and coach 3: drove down to park, no problems. Got something to eat, not so easy with all the luggage, went to the pick up point, or did we? Nothing to say where to go; very limited seating, which was not exclusively for P&O's hundreds as it turned out; cold as it was effectively outdoors albeit covered; and absolutely no-one from P&O anywhere.

When they did arrive, 1200 noon had been and gone, they wandered around speaking to little scrums that formed around them. After a while I went and asked about Britannia and was told simply to go away and come back at 1245 as they were doing Azura first? Two ships, three reps, no organisation, no signage and several hundred passengers. Then a car park attendant wandered over and called for green stickers to follow him - he wasn't part of the process but he took a lot of people off before being noticed and stopped by the reps.

We finally got on our coach about 1315, the driver was unhappy at the delay, a rep got on and in response to someone asking about the "arrangements" pulled a face and said "Oh it's always like this, you get used to it" - you might, we won't as we will NEVER do a fly cruise again. The transfer itself was fairly straightforward after that but took the best part of two hours. Not what we would have expected. How can it be allowed, you have to see it to believe it, clearly no element of customer services have experienced it.