Jungle ATV Adventure

cherub44

A group of 7 of us were looking at doing the Jungle ATV Adventure in Cozumel on our cruise in November. I've read many posts about an ATV Tour that goes to a beach, but that's not the same as this one. This one is supposed to go to Mayan ruins.

Has anyone been on this excursion? What did you think of it? How long is the bus ride to the Welcome Station? Do the buses pick you up right at the pier?

This is a RCCL excursion by the way. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

We were in Cozumel last Fri. with Carnival. We booked the jungle ATV excursion. We met at the pier then took about a 15-20 min bus ride. They give you a short orientation and bug spray to use. We rode our ATV's for about 2.5 hrs. There are Mayan ruins there but not much is left. You won't see a big pyramid. They give a brief talk about the Mayans then off you go on your ATV. The trail at times is very bumpy and we had some mud holes to drive through. So we were quite dirty at the end of the excursion. We did have a blast!!! Do not know if RCC uses the same tour as Carnival. I have a few Pics you can view at http://photos.yahoo.com/angawsmrn@sbcglobal.net .

Look for the album titled Miracle in Cozumel.

Robert & Angela

Thanks so much for your reply. We had been considering this one or the ATV excursion in Costa Maya. That one you come back along the beach. We wanted to see the ruins, but didn't like the idea of a long day and a long bus ride, so we thought this tour would be the perfect answer.

Since you said there really isn't much ruins for us to see I think we will do the one in Costa Maya and stick to the Clear Kayak Adventure in Cozumel. I really appreciate you making that an easy decision for us.

On Sept 27th I tried to book an ATV adventure in Cozumel for the first week of January. They were booked solid for most dates into April. Talk to your suppliers early. ATV is very popular.

If you are refering to trying to book thru the cruiseline, then check when you board. Often second and third departures are offered that do not show up on the web booking page. Or also, extra space is often offered.

Since you said there really isn't much ruins for us to see I think we will do the one in Costa Maya and stick to the Clear Kayak Adventure in Cozumel. I really appreciate you making that an easy decision for us.

The ruins are not huge but still very nice on the Jungle ATV tour. Since you don´t want a long day, this one is great because it is 3.5 hours versus 5-6 hours for the others.

• 2 weeks later...
The ruins are not huge but still very nice on the Jungle ATV tour.

Hola - do you know if we can safely drive a rental jeep up to Punta Fero ?

We really do not like the organized tours -always feel like we are being herded around. We're pretty adventurous and were thinking of trying to explore the NE corner of the island.

also - would yo uhave any idea which peir the Miracle would typically dock at. I keep getting differnet answers from Carnival.

Thanks,

Hola - do you know if we can safely drive a rental jeep up to Punta Fero ?

We really do not like the organized tours -always feel like we are being herded around. We're pretty adventurous and were thinking of trying to explore the NE corner of the island.

also - would yo uhave any idea which peir the Miracle would typically dock at. I keep getting differnet answers from Carnival.

Thanks,

Nope...no most rental places will not rent out 4 wheel drives. And if they do, the insurance will not cover you if you venture over there. Miracle alternates piers right now...between Langosta and Puerta Maya.

Archived