Oct 31 sailing on the Royal....

jennymaxgirl

Well I've been super excited for our upcoming caribbean cruise.

The only thing is the weather for the entire first 8 days looks dismal with mainly overcast and rain.

For anyone else taking this cruise or another at this time - are you concerned about the forecast?

I was looking at the extended forecast on Accuweather.com. It's just our luck - every time we go tropical = RAIN.

Fingers crossed. !!!

Edited by jennymaxgirl

I feel your pain! I used to obsess and wring my hands over the weather anytime we were set to go somewhere....often checking multiple sites daily. But here's the thing - you've got a lot of time in terms of forecasts to consider anything they say as even semi- accurate - it's just too soon. Heck they can't even get it right 48 hours in advance....so try not to worry. We've headed into vacations with me griping about the horrible forecast only the have brilliant weather....and at the end of the day, you can't do anything about it! One of the things I like about cruising is that a rainy day can be a bummer, but you can also enjoy the ship. And - in general my personal experience is that rain in the Caribbean is very spotty and passes quickly. [emoji4]

Well I've been super excited for our upcoming caribbean cruise.

The only thing is the weather for the entire first 8 days looks dismal with mainly overcast and rain.

For anyone else taking this cruise or another at this time - are you concerned about the forecast?

I was looking at the extended forecast on Accuweather.com. It's just our luck - every time we go tropical = RAIN.

Fingers crossed. !!!

They don't even get the tropical forecasts right one day out down here. Don't fret about it. Even if you do get some rain, it rarely rains all day in the tropics.

I obsess about the weather too, but a couple of years ago a tropical storm stayed with us all the way to Bermuda and while we were there. While deck life was different, we did still have a wonderful time and just did different things than we would normally do.... While I hope you have good weather, there is always a way to enjoy yourself on a cruise ship.