Not for thr nervous?

mufi

Hi David (Mufi)

I think you are right in advising everyone to get the best insurance cover, but can I also suggest that if you have a continuous holiday insurance cover, you contact your insurance company and let them know of your forthcoming travel plans at least 2 weeks prior to departure. They will want to know about any recent medical treatments and also if you are on any medication. whilst you are away. They will then update your files and should send you confirmation of cover for that particular trip.

I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with my Insurance Company answering numerous questions, which updated my medical history on their files.

I have heard of a couple of horror stories where illness has occurred and because the insurance company were not informed of recent medical conditions they refused to pay for treatment received abroad

Phil

I think the cases listed here- http://www.courts.state.ny.us/tandv/cruiserights.html

illustrate the need for us to get the best travel insurance we can before booking that dream cruise. The fact that passenger ships have so very different legal obligations was news to me. Buyer beware.

David.

well that went straight over my head....

cheers sean

Archived