Great Day on the Getaway

salesmansam

We just returned from our Oct. 17th cruise on the Getaway. This will not be a long review as there are many of those. I just want to say that it was a fabulous time for all 9 of us in our party. Ages from 9 to 82!!

There was something for everyone. I truly believe that at least one of our group tried every offering, including eating at all pay restaurants except Ocean Blue. We did Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor and the Illusionarium. Some of us did Wine Lovers the Musical. Howl at the Moon and the Grammy Experience were attended. Did all the complimentary restaurants . I will say we only managed to visit 3 of the bars not including the Ice Bar which 6 of us did. Kids and some adults did the slides and ropes course To sum things up. It was a great cruise. Staff and crew are continually upbeat and making sure passengers are being taken care of. Our Meet and Mingle on the first 'at sea' day was great. Over 100 people. Our Cabin Crawl was super with the Penthouse Suite on 11 aft the highlight. The 'slot pull' on the second 'sea day' was attended by 30 and we had so much fun we had two rounds (Would have had three but time for other events was drawing near) A fun but little publicized event 'Wine Lovers the Musical' was both fun and educational. Our group won two of the trivia events winning such valuable prices as a deck of cards and a water bottle!!!! One other little known deal is the hard bound book you put together with your many photos taken by the staff throughout the cruise. You can include up to 35 pictures and receive them in a hard cover book. First book $100. and the second book $50. A great way to relive the 7 days. We didn't do the Vibe, but several people we met on the cruise did, and seemed to enjoy the experience. I guess the one thing that sums up our trip, we purchased cruise credits in order to take another NCL cruise within the next 4 years. Can't wait. :)